Cab for doubling on guitar/bass gigs

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
One of my main reasons to choose the Axe-FX III is to have a consolidated rig for gigs where I switch between bass and guitar. Does anyone have experience with an FRFR speakers that would cover both bass and guitar sufficiently? Not thunderous bass, but sufficient stage volume to keep up with a band (in addition to direct to FOH). Guitar oriented enough to use for gigs with nothing going through the PA.

I use a pair of Yamaha DXR12 powered cabs for guitar and bass. I also have a pair of Yamaha DXR10 powered cabs but they can't handle bass as well as the 12's.

Accugroove Latte. Awesome FRFR. Very clear and clean. Good throw. Nice amount of low end.
My bassist has these, too. We use IEMs only live so I haven't heard bass through them but they do sound great for guitar.

One of my main reasons to choose the Axe-FX III is to have a consolidated rig for gigs where I switch between bass and guitar. Does anyone have experience with an FRFR speakers that would cover both bass and guitar sufficiently? Not thunderous bass, but sufficient stage volume to keep up with a band (in addition to direct to FOH). Guitar oriented enough to use for gigs with nothing going through the PA.

This thing has tremendous low end:

http://usa.matrixamplification.com/fr212-passive.html

Back
Top Bottom