Cab conversion using Cab-Lite with FM3

giannishreds

Inspired
I purchased a cab pack that's in .wav format. I'm a new FM3 user, what format should I use to convert with Cab-Lab Lite?

Here is the cab pack I purchased if that helps:
York Audio Bogna 412

Currently, the FM3 only uses standard resolution IRs, but if you import an Ultrares one it'll automatically convert it. I'm converting all of my 3rd party IRs to Ultrares just in case the FM3 eventually gets Ultrares support. Then I just need to reimport the IRs I'm using and I don't need to reconvert all of them over again.

Cab-Lab (not sure about Lite) can send IRs to the FM3, but only one at a time, so FM3Edit is a lot more efficient for that if you're loading a bunch at once.

Also, the other two options you have when converting:

Auto-trim: automatically shortens the beginnings and endings of the WAV file.

Min-phase: like auto-trim, but it makes sure the the first initial peak lines up at a specific point so if you end up mixing that IR with a different one, especially from a different maker, they'll play nice together. If the IRs are already minimum phase, which all the York stuff includes those versions in one of the folders, then it's redundant so don't worry about it.

Thanks. Makes much more sense now. I've been a long time Kemper owner/user and now getting familiar with the Fractal FM3. Mostly for live playing.

Back
Top Bottom