Fixed Cab colors don't seem to accurately reflect IR resolution

greiswig

Power User
I've noticed that purple and green seem to be getting arbitrarily assigned in AxeEdit. Previously, I thought purple meant that this was an ultra-res IR? Now, I can pick and choose different mics from the same series in the stock cabinet banks, and it's an open question whether they'll show up as green or purple within the same series.

It's however you desired to assign the colors. You can right-click and assign colors to any cab you want. You can then filter them appropriately. UltraRes cabs should be in italics.

Because there are two ways color is used for cabs, I'd like to ask you for a specific example.
Also, remember that the hardware itself also uses color to show UltraRes vs. Standard Res and I would expect it to be bug free and definitive.

Because there are two ways color is used for cabs, I'd like to ask you for a specific example.
Also, remember that the hardware itself also uses color to show UltraRes vs. Standard Res and I would expect it to be bug free and definitive.
I'll have to get a screen shot next time the AE UI conflicts with itself, because I can't recreate it right now. But (for example) on the hardware, Factory 1 Cab 785 shows up as green, in contrast to the hardware unit where it shows as purple.

Does AxeEdit not use purple and green to designate UltraRes versus Standard? If not, what are the colors representing there? And, BTW, which is supposed to be which?

I'm pretty sure there is a longstanding and known issue where sometimes Axe Edit or the Axe FX or both can "forget" a cab is ultrares and display the wrong color. I don't believe it affects the tone and power cycling the Axe will restore the proper UltraRes color until it happens again.

I assume since it's largely cosmetic is hasn't been a high priority to track down

Yeah, I knew I'd been seeing it for awhile, but I hadn't seen the other threads before. And I know it doesn't change the performance...but it does change how one picks the IR's when perusing if you tend to favor UltraRes.

Sept. 2020 is about the time that I first noticed Own Hammer ultra-res IR and others showing up as green. Thought it would clear up with updates, so I posted this screenshot for an example. You can see two ultras on left as green and then on right a purple & green of Own Hammer VC30 Blue differing only by 03 & 07 mic position. These all have been purple before... Fxiii @ 15.01, Edit @ 1.08.12

Fxiii-cabs not purple.png

Just had this happen to me where ALL my user cabs didn't show as ultraRes. A refresh in cab manage fixed it for the user cabs, but my bank 2 factory cabs from 813 to 1024 all show in italics (non-ultra) even after the refresh. Very strange.

I'm running FM3-Edit 1.03.03. I had reverted to FW3.02, then reinstalled 3.03b1, and my cabs were showing green for UltraRes cabinets that I'd set to UltraRes the previous day, and that were not in italics in the cabinet manager.

I told FM3-Edit to Settings > Refresh after new FW, which seems to have cleared up its confusion.

I'm running FM3-Edit 1.03.03. I had reverted to FW3.02, then reinstalled 3.03b1, and my cabs were showing green for UltraRes cabinets that I'd set to UltraRes the previous day, and that were not in italics in the cabinet manager.

I told FM3-Edit to Settings > Refresh after new FW, which seems to have cleared up its confusion.
Don't worry... It will come back ;)

This issue has existed going back to Axe-Edit 3 (for Axe Fx II)...

The refresh seems to fix it temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom