Cab block

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I use four cabs in one cab block on my Axe Fx3, I think I asked this a long time ago but want to make sure because if I can't use four in a block like the the 3 then I will probably stay with it and not the FM3. I was hoping the cab block would be identical. Anyone know? Thanks

you can use cab lab to make a mix of the 4 you currently use, and use that on both the fm3 and axefx, as either a single mono ir, or a pair for stereo.

you can use cab lab to make a mix of the 4 you currently use, and use that on both the fm3 and axefx, as either a single mono ir, or a pair for stereo.
True, I've done this already and forgot about the mixes I did, thanks for reminding me!

Aren't you a walking manual? I could just ask you?!?! Haha! Kidding but how about this? Could I put the FM3 at the back of the stage and use my FC-12 the same way I do with the Axe3 and not touch the buttons on the FM3?
This is a really interesting approach I didn’t even think about doing.

Aren't you a walking manual? I could just ask you?!?! Haha! Kidding but how about this? Could I put the FM3 at the back of the stage and use my FC-12 the same way I do with the Axe3 and not touch the buttons on the FM3?
This is exactly the way I plan to use mine

I'm more concerned about the dynamic stuff being there tbh, more than the IR player, but never say never with Fractal!

This is a really interesting approach I didn’t even think about doing.
I was thinking I wouldn't have to run power and four output cables to the front of the stage, just the XLR for the FC-12 and I would have the tuner on the unit back where I could use it before i go onstage. My Axe FXIII rack is huge and I would love to not haul it around if I didn't have to.

I was thinking I wouldn't have to run power and four output cables to the front of the stage, just the XLR for the FC-12 and I would have the tuner on the unit back where I could use it before i go onstage. My Axe FXIII rack is huge and I would love to not haul it around if I didn't have to.
Exactly. This a great idea. You’ve totally made me reconsider my entire FM3 setup. I was in the mindset of my AX8 setup where you have to have it all out front with ALL the cables running from that back to my FRFR backline. But with the FM3 versatility that is absolutely not the case.

I was going to make a pedalboard for the FM3, my FC-6 and 2 expression pedals. Forget that. Now I can save the cash I was going to spend on a new Temple Audio board and just keep using my FC-12 board like I have been and love! Just with the FM3 sitting on one of my FRFR speakers behind me on the backline instead of my Axe-Fx III.

“This is gold Jerry!”
Thanks again for sharing your idea!

Last edited:
The only thing about treating the FM3 like a piece of rack gear for me would be the tuner. I like the strobe style tuner on the nice color display better than the tuner display on the FC.
Yeah, the tuner on the FM3 is a visual treat. Fortunately, the tuner display on the FCs is easy to use, easy to read, and very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom