Cab block X/Y doesn't work for Y?

jerotas

Experienced
Hi, we were messing around with some X/Y settings today and I had the idea to try using different cab settings on both the X and Y setting of the single cab block. We were shocked to hear that no matter which cab we chose for Y, it sounded like "cabinet emulation off" - super fizzy and digital. X works fine, even with the same cab.

Is this a bug or is there some weird hidden setting to fix this? I think it would be rather cool to X/Y different cabs and the cab block does have X/Y so why not? Anyone else tried this?

Follow-up question: is there a way in either Axe-Edit or on the unit to "copy X settings to Y" or vice versa? That would be incredibly useful.

From x, hold Y on the front panel and it will copy (with a confirm) x to y. Hold x to copy y to x.

Not sure why it sounds bad on the Y setting. What firmware on the axe?

You need to have the Motor Drive NOT to be at zero if you are running two cabs. One cab at zero and the other cab with a number, then you get that cab 'OFF' sound.

You need to have the Motor Drive NOT to be at zero if you are running two cabs. One cab at zero and the other cab with a number, then you get that cab 'OFF' sound.

Or have them both zero. However, in this case he said he was using a single cab.

We were shocked to hear that no matter which cab we chose for Y, it sounded like "cabinet emulation off" - super fizzy and digital. X works fine, even with the same cab.

This happened to me as well. Probably somehow the cab block settings that are stored in the preset got messed up. I solved it by removing the cab block, storing the preset and then adding the cab block again. After that, I could use the cab X/Y state again.

Back
Top Bottom