Cab Block Solo Button Mutex

frankencat

Inspired
Hey awesome FAS folks!
I feel like the Solo button on the cab block should be mutually exclusive. That is to say when I click the "S" it should follow my selection and not solo both channels as shown below. What say you?

1658806446845.png

I just realized this should probably be over in the FM3 Edit forum. Can one of you mods move this please? Thanks -Frank

What if you're on a device that allows more than two cabs, perhaps like the FM9 and FX3? While toggling back and forth fits the FM3, it breaks the logic in the other two devices where we might want more than one cab to be "soloed".

Consistency in the interface is important and that's what they're going for. Beyond the modelers, you'll find the same behavior in recording consoles, FOH boards, and DAWs.

Thank you. I agree with what you guys have said and I get that the functionality follows a channel strip but practically, in the case of the fm3 at least, the mute and solo buttons achieve exactly the same thing (one is the inverse of the other). It seems like it would be more useful to have one be a toggle.

Back
Top Bottom