Cab block proximity control Q3.0b [NOT A BUG]

as the proximity control has a new default value, it may explain why some users are reporting more top end in their patches and other users are reporting less after updating

i'm still on 2.04 unfortunately, otherwise i would have. two people in the thread commented on it, so i thought there was some verification...

i'm still on 2.04 unfortunately, otherwise i would have. two people in the thread commented on it, so i thought there was some verification...

Nothing has changed in the cab block in quite some time.

i know...which is why i thought it was very peculiar when scott said this - "after adjusting cabinet 55 with the proximity the cab block to 5.0 I am now hearing the clarity and no more excessive fizz or darkness or blanket over the speaker cabinet sound I was hearing with the proximity a 0 in the patch I created"

and then black bitch tried it and confirmed with this - "Well I'm already half deaf from 50 years loud playing but I tell you i Definitly hear a difference when the mic is set to "None" and turn the Proximity knob."

i'l check it myself when i update, but if you can't reproduce it, then i have no idea what's going on here

Axe-Fx II Mark I
FW 3.00 Public Beta

Set Mic in Cab block to None, spin the Proximity parameter from 0 - 10 on hardware. no change in audio at all.
Set Mic in Cab block to any mic, null, or invert, spin the Proximity parameter from 0 - 10 on hardware. increase in low end as expected.

repeated with Axe-Edit. same results.

i used recorded music with good low end to test, making it easier to discern since i'm not playing the guitar.

are we certain that people reporting this bug were on NONE? in the past, people have set the Mic parameter to NULL and wondered why there was a change.

pretty sure. and they're reporting an increase in treble when increasing the proximity value. which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

i'll ask the chaps who reported it to chime in here and confirm

pretty sure. and they're reporting an increase in treble when increasing the proximity value. which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

i'll ask the chaps who reported it to chime in here and confirm
Please have them confirm the mic is set to NONE and not NULL when they did their test. I saw those posts; asked one of them some questions and he seemed unsure with some of the details.

At least one of the reporters is from the States so I don't know if it's a language barrier problem. I can't reproduce it on Q2.x (they stated it was working on NONE from long time ago).

You can check the post here.

To me is a "Not a Bug". But they should chime in here and comment.

I may be wrong about the language thing, but scott just told me this -"with the ultrarez cabinet 55 selected what I am hearing when I increase the proximity seems to be an increase in treble and clarity" .....

This shouldn't happen

This is my experience with the proximity control I do not believe I have a barrier with the English language since I have been speaking it for 54 years....... I have changed the mic to null and the parameter works as others have stated and and adds more bass when turned up. I can't explain very well what changed, but to me I hear less fizz and more clarity when I adjusted the proximity control on the 55 ultrarez cabinet to around 3.5 I am using JBL lsr 4328p monitors so it's not like I am using cheap gear to listen to the patches I am creating

This is my experience with the proximity control I do not believe I have a barrier with the English language since I have been speaking it for 54 years....... I have changed the mic to null and the parameter works as others have stated and and adds more bass when turned up. I can't explain very well what changed, but to me I hear less fizz and more clarity when I adjusted the proximity control on the 55 ultrarez cabinet to around 3.5 I am using JBL lsr 4328p monitors so it's not like I am using cheap gear to listen to the patches I am creating

Not NULL, NONE!!!!!!!!!!

I have changed the mic to null and the parameter works as others have stated and and adds more bass when turned up.
Null is not the same as None; they are 2 different settings in the Mic parameter. That's the confusion here. I did mention that when you first reported the issue, so that's why this thread was made and we have continued on this discussion.

There is no bug here.

Back
Top Bottom