Cab Block Parameters?

RDH

Fractal Fanatic
Figured I should start a different thread about this observation!
After playing around with the new OH 12m collection , and following the thread about phasy artifacts, and some of Scott P's suggestions I noticed one of the the screenshots of his cab block somewhere,( or maybe it was in the patch ex. he posted) ,and that he had turned the room, air, and speaker drive to 0 which i have done at his suggestion, but also the rest of the parameters ,room size,mic distance,and air frequency,each of these parameters subtly changed the color of the cab even with the room, air, and speaker drive values on 0 ! (subtle but still noticable)! I would think these parameters shouldn't have any effect at all with the level values off ?? But they do! Anyone else notice this ? Obviously Scott has or he wouldn't have minimized them! Not an issue really for me,exept for the coloring the air parameter adds when changing frequency with level at 0! obviously the circuits don't completely get cut out by the level parameter! Just simply my observation!

Figured I should start a different thread about this observation!
After playing around with the new OH 12m collection , and following the thread about phasy artifacts, and some of Scott P's suggestions I noticed one of the the screenshots of his cab block somewhere,( or maybe it was in the patch ex. he posted) ,and that he had turned the room, air, and speaker drive to 0 which i have done at his suggestion, but also the rest of the parameters ,room size,mic distance,and air frequency,each of these parameters subtly changed the color of the cab even with the room, air, and speaker drive values on 0 ! (subtle but still noticable)! I would think these parameters shouldn't have any effect at all with the level values off ?? But they do! Anyone else notice this ? Obviously Scott has or he wouldn't have minimized them! Not an issue really for me,exept for the coloring the air parameter adds when changing frequency with level at 0! obviously the circuits don't completely get cut out by the level parameter! Just simply my observation!

I actually just zero them out for consistency sake. I'll have to check on the air frequency changing things if it is set to zero it should not do that.

I actually just zero them out for consistency sake. I'll have to check on the air frequency changing things if it is set to zero it should not do that.
Thought so too! as i said it's subtle, but there ,at least i hear it here when going throught the range of motion! ! try defaulting the cab block, select your cab, try it, then zero out room size mic distance and air frequency,it's a noticable difference to me!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom