Cab block Low cut

I usually use the low cut from the basic settings of the cab block to get tighter sound. I've seen Leon Todd using the preamp page of the cab block.

So what's the difference?

Last edited:
I think one aspect of the difference is that if you cut the lows before the power amp, the power amp is not working to reproduce those frequencies, thereby freeing it up to put all of its energy into the frequencies you really want. If you cut in the Cab block, the power amp is amplifying those frequencies unnecessarily. That muddies up the tone. Of course some people might want that. IT is al subjective. Try it both ways and see which one you like better (or do it in both places).

I think one aspect of the difference is that if you cut the lows before the power amp, the power amp is not working to reproduce those frequencies, thereby freeing it up to put all of its energy into the frequencies you really want. If you cut in the Cab block, the power amp is amplifying those frequencies unnecessarily. That muddies up the tone. Of course some people might want that. IT is al subjective. Try it both ways and see which one you like better (or do it in both places).
Preamp page of cab block is post (amp sim) power amp.

This is a good question.....I wondered about this as well.
I been doing a global low frequency cut on OUT 1 and OUT 2, eq’s.

time to rethink this ?

Back
Top Bottom