Cab blk input select and it's affects sound

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
I decided to try a new IR for practice. I usually use a stereo cab panned center with different mic sims. I noticed the input is set to stereo. I have no idea why I never paid attention to this before. How will setting it to left affect the sound? I know in the amp blk when I switched it to left it changed the sound.

Stereo processes the incoming signal as stereo.
This is only useful if the output of the Cab is also stereo.

Left/Right is useful if you want the Cab to process only one side of the incoming signal.
Handy when you use 2 Amp blocks (each with Balance set to one side) and want a dedicated Cab for each amp.

In itself the Left/Right/Stereo setting does not affect tone.

Stereo processes the incoming signal as stereo.
This is only useful if the output of the Cab is also stereo.

Left/Right is useful if you want the Cab to process only one side of the incoming signal.
Handy when you use 2 Amp blocks (each with Balance set to one side) and want a dedicated Cab for each amp.

In itself the Left/Right/Stereo setting does not affect tone.

Why does it effect it in the amp blk then? Is it just the difference in the blks?

In the amp block it does not affect tone, but it can change gain.
Summing L+R (in Amp) attenuates the level of the incoming signal, depending on the Input 1 Mode setting in I/O.

In the amp block it does not affect tone, but it can change gain.
Summing L+R (in Amp) attenuates the level of the incoming signal, depending on the Input 1 Mode setting in I/O.

Gotcha. If I use left as the input will I still get both of my two cabs since I pan them center

Back
Top Bottom