Cab and Direct Out on stage?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
It's been a while since I've attempted this setup live and I had a quick question...

I setup my two main patches with FX Loop right before the Cab Block and use Out 1 to the PA and Out 2 to my cab. The problem I'm having is that when I want to use any other of the 300+ factory presets Out 1 will work but Out 2 will be dead silent. Is there a way to add the FX Loop to all presets automatically? I think I remember reading (years ago) about possibly having Out1 copy Out2 but disable cabs automatically? Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've had two Marshall 4x12's for a while and configured them back to all V30's on one and all GT12-75's on the other and my other guitarist had a 2x12 open back and his cab sounded much 'thicker' than my cabs. That along with wanted a smaller cab to put under my DJ's table since we have little to no room at most venues. So the hunt was on for a 2x12... and thank you Lord... I was able to score a Genz Benz GB 212G-Flex 2x12 Ported Cab in pristine condition with cover and all for cheap! I remember when all the folks on here were all over this cab and let me tell you, it sounds thick! I compared it to my 4x12 V30 cab yesterday and the Genz has so much low end it's redankulous! I actually mixed in the V30 cab in with the Genz and it sounded phenomenal with Q2.0. It's crazy how thin the Marshall sounds compared to the Genz.

No, you would have to add FXL to every preset manually.

It would be sooo nice to have cab and power amp simulation on/off toggle for output 2 as a global setting. Alas, it's not there.

Damn that sucks... so in my current Live Cab and Direct to PA, if I wanted to quickly use any other patch I would have to add an FX Loop to each preset? I don't know why, but seem to remember something about this where it was as vangrieg said where cab (not necessarily power amp simulation since I use a solid state power amp) on/off toggle for output 2 (or output 1) as a global setting years ago. Wish List it is!

QUOTE="vangrieg, post: 1324353, member: 39068"]Since you use a solid state power amp you need to disable power amp simulation.

Yes, you need the FXL block in every preset.[/QUOTE] no that is just wrong advice. Solid state amplification needs power AMP modelling.

Since you use a solid state power amp you need to disable power amp simulation.

Yes, you need the FXL block in every preset.

Why would you need (or want) to disable power amp simulation with a solid state amp? That's the purpose of the amp simulation, to make a solid state amp emulate a real tube amp.

To each his own, if that's the sound you're looking for go for it.

thats kinda the way i use it too. i have output 1 to my tube amp (ur cab in ur case) with a tonematch block which i use to make the final sound match the sound i would get from my monitors in which there is no speaker (the tube amp has a speaker). and in parallel i get the same tone without the tonematch sending it to output 2 which i connect to my pc monitors (ur PA in ur case). i have both amp and speaker emulation on in the axe fx. so mainly output has 2 has one cabinet which i choose in axe fx. and output 1 has both this cabinet and the cabinet from the guitar amp (a laney lc 60ii tube amp) with the tonematch block on to make it sound like output 1.
i do that with the vol/pan blocks. panning and balance is the reverse between them.

Attachments

• snapshot.jpg
    snapshot.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom