• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Cab Align: Don't miss this Detail (0-3ms)

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I thought I'd offer this observation for the sake of posterity.

I have been working on a project which requires me to look very closely at certain User Cab data. To get right to the point: don't miss the fact (as indicated by the small text labels) that the data shown on the Cab Block's ALIGN page (and in Axe-Edit) is windowed from just 0 to 3 ms. That's the very beginning of a full UltraRes capture, "zoomed" so you can easily align the critical peaks in this region for close-miked IRs.

If you are looking at the raw data for a "ROOM" or "FAR FIELD" IR, you will very likely have NOTHING on the ALIGN plot for that IR, because the sound will have taken longer than 3ms to reach the capturing microphone . Not that you'd ever need to align a room, but you will need to use Cab-Lab if you want to visually inspect the contents of such IR files.

Top Bottom