CAB #62 VOTE NOW to SAVE (or not)

Would you like CAB #62 4x12 v30 back in the factory choices?

• Total voters
You can do a TM of any of the cabs and save as an IR. I did this when the first cabs went away; I have a half-dozen user cabs that used to be factory.

You can lose some level, depending upon how 'hot' the original IR was, but it works.

You can do a TM of any of the cabs and save as an IR. I did this when the first cabs went away; I have a half-dozen user cabs that used to be factory.

You can lose some level, depending upon how 'hot' the original IR was, but it works.
I've tried doing that for other stuff but with ooor results . I guess there is a trick to it

I've tried doing that for other stuff but with ooor results . I guess there is a trick to it

I think I just followed a 'how to' that was posted here. This was back years ago when the very first 'eliminations' occurred. I'm very partial to the SLM V30 cab, and I saved it off.

It lost about 3dB in the conversion; some do, some don't - apparently the originals are 'printed', for lack of a more correct term, at various levels and the TM process has a normalization built-in. So I just turn it up 3dB, and it's fine.

strange how someone would vote no, not even allowing for someone to HAVE the preset they love? Are you just evil? Why on earth would someone say no it shouldnt even be available?

Probably because the poll did not include an option for "No opinion"

Probably because the poll did not include an option for "No opinion"

I think it's because people are selfish, we went through the same thing when Cliff was going to dump ongoing support for us early adopters with mark 1 units. No opinion means don't take the poll. People with no skin in the game were clouding up the process.

Anything removed like IR's should be downloadable, too many people could be using it. IMHO

I think it's because people are selfish, we went through the same thing when Cliff was going to dump ongoing support for us early adopters with mark 1 units.

Not to start an argument, but the people who used the option you're referring to would've been okay with eliminating it from the XL/+ if it would've prolonged the life of the MK I / II by more than a few updates, but to sacrifice a feature some people use in order to eek out another 2 or 3 updates for the MK I / II isn't selfish and doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
So some are selfish for not wanting to give something up for the benefit of others. And others are selfish for wanting to take something away from others for the benefit of themselves. But no matter which way you look at it we are all selfish, don't kid yourself....

I think it's because people are selfish, we went through the same thing when Cliff was going to dump ongoing support for us early adopters with mark 1 units. No opinion means don't take the poll. People with no skin in the game were clouding up the process.

Anything removed like IR's should be downloadable, too many people could be using it. IMHO

No direct attack to the OP but I have to wonder if every time Cliff removes something polls come up and folks want things to stay. Everything can't stay. These polls only represent a small fractal of FAS user base.

No direct attack to the OP but I have to wonder if every time Cliff removes something polls come up and folks want things to stay. Everything can't stay. These polls only represent a small fractal of FAS user base.

Polls serve as a barometer of user interest, and unless you have a better method of gauging it, I consider them relevant and an outlet for providing useful feedback to the developer.

The issue isn't whether everything should or shouldn't stay, but whether this particular cab ought to be available as a download.

Last edited:
Polls serve as a barometer of user interest, and unless you have a better method of gauging it, I consider them relevant and an outlet for providing useful feedback to the developer.

The issue isn't whether everything should or shouldn't stay, but whether this particular cab ought to be available as a download.

Well I think it was mentioned to have a no opinion. This would give a better value to what the actual percentage of people saying yes is. Then someone suggested that wouldn't be good because they can just stay out of the poll. The problem is that now you have this poll that is entirely skewed in one direction because it looks like the "yes" is a much larger percentage than it is.

I am one of those people, and honestly even if Cliff decided to get rid of one of my favorite cabs I'd just find something else. It's not a big deal. Hell, that might even push me to try these Celestion ones that are getting so much love.

Well I think it was mentioned to have a no opinion. This would give a better value to what the actual percentage of people saying yes is. Then someone suggested that wouldn't be good because they can just stay out of the poll. The problem is that now you have this poll that is entirely skewed in one direction because it looks like the "yes" is a much larger percentage than it is.

People who don't care one way or another likely won't vote, and if they do then I suspect they'll quantify their answer in a reply. But as a general rule I think polls can be helpful.

I am one of those people, and honestly even if Cliff decided to get rid of one of my favorite cabs I'd just find something else. It's not a big deal. Hell, that might even push me to try these Celestion ones that are getting so much love.

It may not be a big deal if you don't gig but, for example, if some songs depend on it when gigging, it very well could be.

Again my post was not specific to this topic but a broad observation about what happens any time Cliff (wants to) removes something. M@ pointed out that there was not an I don't care option. Lots of forum members don't vote or won't even look at this thread. We also have no idea what percentage of FAS users even are active on this forum so without that info we are not really sure if it is a useful barometer.

Again my post was not specific to this topic but a broad observation about what happens any time Cliff (wants to) removes something. M@ pointed out that there was not an I don't care option. Lots of forum members don't vote or won't even look at this thread. We also have no idea what percentage of FAS users even are active on this forum so without that info we are not really sure if it is a useful barometer.

There's no way to create a poll with a scientifically representative sample size. It's impossible to gauge the opinion of those who either aren't active or aren't members. However, I certainly believe polls such as this are better than nothing. While not definitive, they've helped to shape at least one decision in the past and should thus be considered useful. It's certainly not uncommon for a company to take opinions of forum members into consideration. This is simply one way to consolidate those opinions.

It doesn't matter. Cliff pleases who he can where he can, but this is not a democracy - it's his company and he can, should and does do what he likes. Look at all the unfulfilled calls for more bass amps or improved effects - and the very fulfilled lack of calls for endless Marshall clones. At the end of the day, they are free updates and we get what we get, so it's put up or shut up. I still love my AxeFX because it sounds amazing and it's a great tool for some situations, but I am under no illusions that he's gonna pander to whims. In the end, I just bought other gear to deal with all the stuff the AxeFX doesn't cover.

It doesn't matter. Cliff pleases who he can where he can, but this is not a democracy - it's his company and he can, should and does do what he likes. Look at all the unfulfilled calls for more bass amps or improved effects - and the very fulfilled lack of calls for endless Marshall clones. At the end of the day, they are free updates and we get what we get, so it's put up or shut up. I still love my AxeFX because it sounds amazing and it's a great tool for some situations, but I am under no illusions that he's gonna pander to whims. In the end, I just bought other gear to deal with all the stuff the AxeFX doesn't cover.

Of course Cliff can do whatever he wants, though I believe he's shown a willingness to take the opinions of the many who fund his company into consideration. If no one says anything, you can be sure they won't be heard. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom