CAB #62 VOTE NOW to SAVE (or not)

Would you like CAB #62 4x12 v30 back in the factory choices?

• Total voters

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Hello, in case you haven't heard the new FW replaces CAB #62 which is the venerable 4x12 v30 with a new Larry Mitchell cab, which is downloadable already. Right now this makes the CAB #62 extinct/irretrievable in any new FW. Please vote your opinion above:

I vote for offer as download.

I think it should be up to Cliff how he want's the list of stock cabs to look,
So long as he still offers the legacy cabs free of charge.

P.S. Although, I think we already have the ability to export that cab, and then load it back in after update.
p.p.s. That was one of my favorite stock cabs as well,

I vote for offer as download.

I think it should be up to Cliff how he want's the list of stock cabs to look,
So long as he still offers the legacy cabs free of charge.

P.S. Although, I think we already have the ability to export that cab, and then load it back in after update.
p.p.s. That was one of my favorite stock cabs as well,

AFAIK you cant export a cab...If you have a way directly (not some TM confabulation, let me know!)

I voted "no" because 1) I never liked that v30 factory cab 2) there are lots of other v30 IR's I have that sound better, Mikko's pack 7 being one of my favorites, and 3) the LM cab sounds really good so its a nice addition

The #62 is very unique, save it! There are many other realistic ir's but this one is a special snowflake.

I have a question before I vote. I'm not near my gear right now so I can't check. Is cab #62 in all the Axe-Fx II models because I have a Mark I and XL+?

Also, is there a quick way to see if any of my presets use cab #62 or will I have to manually go through each of my presets?

There's a good chance that I use cab #62 because I used a Marshall 1960AV cab before I switched to FRFR cabs, so I naturally would have selected a factory cab IR that had v30 in the name.

Cliff can export any of the factory cabs he would like to and make them available as a download. Can't do that as a user of course, but he's done it for certain cabs in the past

He can't always make them available because sometimes they were provided by a 3rd party with a license only to be bundled. (Such as the Redwirez and Ownhammer IR's.)

I vote yes, not out of particular love for the cab, but for the belief that altering factory cabs places additional burden on those who use their Axe every day to earn a living. The necessity of readjusting presets to accommodate major firmware improvements is understandable. But, considering the staggering number of user cab slots available for Fractal-endorsed cabs, requiring users to keep track of what factory cabs are used in specific presets and then perform the process of shuffling them (even if the old cab IR is provided as a user download) seems counterproductive for such users.

Assuming Fractal still has authority to use the original factory cab in question, I would prefer that the new cab, not the old one, be offered as a download for use as a user cab.

AFAIK you cant export a cab...If you have a way directly (not some TM confabulation, let me know!)
I voted. Never used this cab but lost a different cab a while ago that I did use, so I feel your pain.

Here are some "TM confabulation";) IRs (in all 3 Axe-Fx II formats) of this Factory Cab. Load it in a 'Y' Cab with the original F062 in the 'X' Cab. Set the level of the 'Tone Matched' IR about 3 dB higher than the Factory one. Now switch back and forth between the two and let me know if it sounds much different to you?

I have an AX8 version just in case they loose it too.

Attachments

• F062 4x12 Q6 (Moke) Axe-Fx II.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 11
  • F062 4x12 Q6 (Moke) XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 5
  • F062 4x12 Q6 (Moke) XL+.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 7
This is kinda weird, something like this hasn't affected me before. The other day I made some Doyle Bramhall presets with #62 that sounded best with that cab. So I vote for at least the cab be avail for download

This is kinda weird, something like this hasn't affected me before. The other day I made some Doyle Bramhall presets with #62 that sounded best with that cab. So I vote for at least the cab be avail for download
cool , He went to my high school,lolllllllllllllllllllll

strange how someone would vote no, not even allowing for someone to HAVE the preset they love? Are you just evil? Why on earth would someone say no it shouldnt even be available?

Well - it's strange making a poll and then belittle the opinion of one of the voting options.

I think Cliff/Fractal has made a decision. I'll stick with that.

The world is full of cab packs. And they are very cheap. Go buy what you miss.

It's not like one single cab - or collection of cabs - is the end all be all in this context.

He can't always make them available because sometimes they were provided by a 3rd party with a license only to be bundled. (Such as the Redwirez and Ownhammer IR's.)
You don't know that. Perhaps true if offered as .wav but as .sys it could only be used in a Fractal product

Well - it's strange making a poll and then belittle the opinion of one of the voting options.

I think Cliff/Fractal has made a decision. I'll stick with that.

The world is full of cab packs. And they are very cheap. Go buy what you miss.

It's not like one single cab - or collection of cabs - is the end all be all in this context.
Let me know which exact cab it is, in a 'cheap' pack; I have bought 100s of IRs and never heard this one. As far as the above, its just my opinion, I guess some arent as giving. Mokes gesture is amazing, I will try it later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom