CA3+ Clean anyone?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Since I've loaded FW Q7.2b and heard that the Fenders were greatly improved, I decided to try them again since I never really bonded with most of them. I wasn't disappointed - lots of great tones!

This made me start to revisit the clean amps again. I haven't got too far yet since they are all sounding pretty good.

But, I hit the CA3+ Clean the other night, and following very minor BMT adjustments I was really enjoying it. I played for about 90 minutes and just wondered how long it's sounded this good?

Anyone else a fan of this model?

But, I hit the CA3+ Clean the other night, and following very minor BMT adjustments I was really enjoying it. I played for about 90 minutes and just wondered how long it's sounded this good?

Anyone else a fan of this model?

Big fan of the Deluxe Verb Vibe model but, funny you should mention CA3+, I stumbled across this the other day and I've been stuck on it ever since. I'm playing my PRS HB on the neck pickup and I'm really digging the "chime".

Big fan of the Deluxe Verb Vibe model but, funny you should mention CA3+, I stumbled across this the other day and I've been stuck on it ever since. I'm playing my PRS HB on the neck pickup and I'm really digging the "chime".
Funny... The Deluxe Verb (I think Vib model) is the one Fender I do use regularly.

I used the twin for my cleans for a long time, but once I experienced the CA3+ clean, I haven't gone back. Dials in way different than the Fender models, so it took a while to get it right. Absolutely love it!

I love the CA3+ clean and rhythm modes. The lead model becomes too saturated for me. They are at the heart of my 90s LA sounding setup.

Great comments on a great amp model. One of the most transparent and workable amps in the box!

Bandmaster is still probably my favorite clean, but to my ears, it has a really distinctive sound.

If I have a patch with a lot of modulation or if I need to cover a lot of tonal ground, CA3+ Clean/Rhythm is usually my first stop.

I was looking for 8 string patches last night and came upon someone's CA3+ patch. Probably the first time I have tried that amp and it think sounds pretty good. A lot of clean amps get a little grainy in the low end when you get the edge of breakup going, but this sounded nice and defined. I may use it more.

Just finished a little session using only my CA3 clean with the Carol-Ann 57 1x12 in Obot the Robot cab pack , with my new secret weapon that only us UAD users can do... a little room reverb from the Ocean Way Studio plugin in the AUX..(thanks to our buddy James Santiago for that tip)..... clean nirvana in the cans...

Just finished a little session using only my CA3 clean with the Carol-Ann 57 1x12 in Obot the Robot cab pack , with my new secret weapon that only us UAD users can do... a little room reverb from the Ocean Way Studio plugin in the AUX..(thanks to our buddy James Santiago for that tip)..... clean nirvana in the cans...

Being a UAD user, care to elaborate on this setup? :) I don't (yet) have the OBot Pack but that is easily fixed. Now, this plugin is pricey! Can you share a clip?

Just tried the CA3+ clean - very cool amp indeed. Just the "everything at noon" default sounds great through an OwnHammer V30 is a great clean tone. Very tweakable amp. Try running it through Greenbacks with the input around 8.5 for a nice edge-of-breakup tone.

Back
Top Bottom