CA3+ Clean Anyone (part 2)

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
The last couple nights I've been playing around again with the CA3+ Clean model.

It sounds really good at almost stock settings. Just need to dial down the bass... and I have a very mildly set RCB Boost in front.

I wanted to post this and then remembered I had "discovered" this model on the Axe Fx II a few years back... And posted the thread below.

Kind of funny similar experience this time around... Exploring some Fender models and the Euro Blue and decided to pull up the CA3+. So good right out of the gate :D

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ca3-clean-anyone.124735/

My go-to pair of IRs worked well (ML Legends G12H30 57/160 combo). I also liked it with my "alternate" pair (York Audio G12H30 mix and G12M25 mix from the MTCH pack) and had some fun using the Bassman 4x10 Speaker Impedance Curve and some YA BMAN mix IRs.

I think this the clean amp I have with my high output guitar (dimarzio titans in a Schechter C1). It has a unique tone in comparison to my other guitars and presets, so eventually i will have to see how it layers with others.

I'm still with the 2XL+, but preset 26 CAE3+Clean is my favorite clean amp. So full and beefy yet clear. Haven't tweaked it at all. With the Eclipse in the FX loop, sounds way above my pay grade.

Back
Top Bottom