C2's FX III Simpleton Thread. No Stupid Questions you say?...here...hold my beer!

If you have one lying around you can plug a simple switch into the back of the Axe Fx and assign it to increment scenes. I think it wraps around, but I'd have to check. I have an Egnater 4 button footswitch (2 x TRS cables) that I plug into Expression 1 and 2. Only two of the buttons actually end up working (I think it's only looking at the Tip-Sleeve and not the Ring), so I've set those two buttons up to Increment / Decrement scenes until the FC's arrive.

I believe each pedal type is set to Latching in the I/O -> Pedal page, and then I've assigned Pedal 1 / 2 to Decrement / Increment scenes respectively in the MIDI/Remote -> Other page.

If you have one lying around you can plug a simple switch into the back of the Axe Fx and assign it to increment scenes. I think it wraps around, but I'd have to check. I have an Egnater 4 button footswitch (2 x TRS cables) that I plug into Expression 1 and 2. Only two of the buttons actually end up working (I think it's only looking at the Tip-Sleeve and not the Ring), so I've set those two buttons up to Increment / Decrement scenes until the FC's arrive.

I believe each pedal type is set to Latching in the I/O -> Pedal page, and then I've assigned Pedal 1 / 2 to Decrement / Increment scenes respectively in the MIDI/Remote -> Other page.
Yowza! Now that's what I'm talking about. I think I have a switch or two lying around. Are the expression inputs the only ones that will work for these?

Last edited:
So, with one input to use (because I'm using an EV), I'm hoping the switching of the scenes will wrap.

Last edited:
Yup - I'm in the same boat. I'm just using the Axe Fx for recording until I get an FC and Xitone for live use, so I only plug the EV in when I need it. If I'm recording and really need the EV and scene changes at the same time, then I get my DAW to automate the scene changes for me, which is pretty magical ... that's another topic of discussion though.

Scene Increment does indeed wrap. I have an external switch setup for Increment and it progresses as follows: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1-2-...

Edit: Scene Decrement does not wrap.

Last edited:
At least that's something to use. So Increment wraps. Cool, so as long as a song doesn't need more than 8 scenes total, then I'm good. Several would be just copies. Start at 1 and increment through. If you miss tap the switch, just tap through to the correct one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom