Bypassing preamp trick

Ralph K

Inspired
Hey folks,

If i lower the preamp drive to 0 and set the preamp eq flat at noon and i connect my tube amp preamp out to the fx return block i would effectively bypass the preamp of the fractal unit while keeping the power amp emulation... i did this during the weekend... i connected the effects send of my marshall jvm js to my fractal unit and used the js410 amp block and the results were not bad... just curious if the fractal preamp induced any tone characteristics in this situation or if it was almost transparent.

Most guitar amps with tone-stack controls will have their flattest response with middle set to maximum and bass and treble set to zero.

Depends on the tone stack of the amp model. Most are not "neutral". The TUBE PRE however is.

"If you only need power amp modeling, for example when using an external pre-amp through the Axe-Fx II or AX8, use the Tube Pre model. It uses the passive Vintage tonestack which is flat when the tone controls are at noon. source

There's a 'Neutral' tonestack type you could try assigning to the JS410 block (Tonestack Type in the Preamp page of the Amp Block) to see what it sounds like too.

There's a 'Neutral' tonestack type you could try assigning to the JS410 block (Tonestack Type in the Preamp page of the Amp Block) to see what it sounds like too.
I remember doing this dunno if i kept it that way though...

Depends on the tone stack of the amp model. Most are not "neutral". The TUBE PRE however is.

"If you only need power amp modeling, for example when using an external pre-amp through the Axe-Fx II or AX8, use the Tube Pre model. It uses the passive Vintage tonestack which is flat when the tone controls are at noon. source
But i want the character of the js410... i didnt like the combination with the tube pre

Back
Top Bottom