Bypassed blocks having an effect on tone.

sirus1987

Inspired
So I was playing with my live setup and I noticed when I deleted the bypassed cab block (since Im currently playing through a solid state amp and cab) my clean tone got a lot clearer and chimier. Could this be from CPU usage? its at 87% w/ cab and 76 w/o. Here is a little cell phone audio recording. The first half is w/o cab, then there's a mouse click, and then with the cab in the chain and still bypassed. Let me know what you think.

As far as I am aware, there should be no tonal difference between a bypassed block and a shunt. Post the preset so we can see if anything funky is going on.

As far as I am aware, there should be no tonal difference between a bypassed block and a shunt. Post the preset so we can see if anything funky is going on.
Did you notice any difference in the cell clip? I might just be going crazy, but Im hearing more grit with the cab block.

Attachments

• Bogner Rig Q 7.00.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
So I was playing with my live setup and I noticed when I deleted the bypassed cab block (since Im currently playing through a solid state amp and cab) my clean tone got a lot clearer and chimier. Could this be from CPU usage? its at 87% w/ cab and 76 w/o. Here is a little cell phone audio recording. The first half is w/o cab, then there's a mouse click, and then with the cab in the chain and still bypassed. Let me know what you think.

I couldn't hear any difference - though it sounds like you are playing slightly harder in the first half, I honestly think the difference you can hear is in your playing.....(both sound good)

Tested the preset. There's is no difference between the sound with the CAB block bypassed, and the sound with a shunt instead of the CAB block.

I've thought this before (tonal changes when deleting a bypassed block) when I forget to setup bypass mode mute, and the tone I had was unwittingly a result of bypass mode thru.

Cool, I guess the general consensus is that I'm full of shit. I could've sworn I was hearing something, but oh well! Its better that there isn't an issue rather than there being an issue. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom