Bypassable Routing Cables?

This might be stupid question, but is there anyway to make a routing cable bypassable in a preset? For example, in my bass presets I rout the single in a traditional manner (input - comp - drive - amp - cab - etc) but also send the single to a standalone drive block. Kind of setting up a wet/dry single path. There are times when I want use 100% wet by sending the pre amp block effects to the standalone drive block. Is there a way to bypass a routing cable so I can select when I want send effects to the standalone drive block?

Use the Mute Out bypass mode for the drive block. That stops the dry signal from continuing when a block is bypassed.

Use the Mute Out bypass mode for the drive block. That stops the dry signal from continuing when a block is bypassed.
I have tired that option and I miss the characteristics of the drive block. I use the standalone drive block as a makeshift DI/"dry" single. This makes a big difference on bass, to my ears at least. The issue I run into is certain effects sound best when 100% wet (when the dry parallel path is routed to the traditional single path). For example, the filter block (especially when used as an envelope filter) sounds 100% better, to my ears, when its mixed with my "dry" single. This is the case for modulation blocks and some other effects that I like to use.

I have tired that option and I miss the characteristics of the drive block. I use the standalone drive block as a makeshift DI/"dry" single. This makes a big difference on bass, to my ears at least. The issue I run into is certain effects sound best when 100% wet (when the dry parallel path is routed to the traditional single path). For example, the filter block (especially when used as an envelope filter) sounds 100% better, to my ears, when its mixed with my "dry" single. This is the case for modulation blocks and some other effects that I like to use.
Are you saying "single" but meaning "signal"?

This might be stupid question, but is there anyway to make a routing cable bypassable in a preset? For example, in my bass presets I rout the single in a traditional manner (input - comp - drive - amp - cab - etc) but also send the single to a standalone drive block. Kind of setting up a wet/dry single path. There are times when I want use 100% wet by sending the pre amp block effects to the standalone drive block. Is there a way to bypass a routing cable so I can select when I want send effects to the standalone drive block?
Many ways to approach this. Setting blocks to mute their output as @mr_fender suggested is one. You can use a MUX block at the end of the signal chain to select from Path A or Path B.

For blending to signal paths, I like to use a MIX block at the end of the signal chain. For my main bass preset I have the grid routing like so:

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.38.50 PM.png
And then my scenes change the channel on the MIX block which mixes in the signal from Row 1 and Row 2 in different amounts. For example, here's a scene that blends both the AMP-CAB row and the direct row in equal amounts:

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 6.39.45 PM.png
If I felt like, I could tie an expression pedal to the Row 1 Gain and Row 2 Gain parameters and set it up so toe up was all Row 1 and toe down was all Row 2 and any point in between was a blend of Row 1 and Row 2.

Many ways to approach this. Setting blocks to mute their output as @mr_fender suggested is one. You can use a MUX block at the end of the signal chain to select from Path A or Path B.

For blending to signal paths, I like to use a MIX block at the end of the signal chain. For my main bass preset I have the grid routing like so:

View attachment 73634
And then my scenes change the channel on the MIX block which mixes in the signal from Row 1 and Row 2 in different amounts. For example, here's a scene that blends both the AMP-CAB row and the direct row in equal amounts:

View attachment 73635
If I felt like, I could tie an expression pedal to the Row 1 Gain and Row 2 Gain parameters and set it up so toe up was all Row 1 and toe down was all Row 2 and any point in between was a blend of Row 1 and Row 2.
This is a great suggestion!!! Going to try this tonight!!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom