• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Bypass with modifier connected not visually toggling?

kartman

Inspired
Running lastest: 1.00.12

I've been playing with new FC12 today to use toe switch on my Mission pedal to toggle the bypass on the Wah block. If you're interested in that saga, see below:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/latching-switch-into-fc12.146556/

I found an interesting UI glitch (bug?) today while working on this. In the screen clips below, the bypass has been toggled using a foot switch modifier. The block is toggling it's bypass status in the grid but the "bypass" indicator in the AxeEdit UI is not toggling with it.

Minor gripe but I thought I'd point it out.

Capture_2019-01-19_4.PNGCapture_2019-01-19_5.PNG

Rex

Legend!
How are you setting up the footswitch? If you do it through the FC menu, you don't get that lit orange dot next to the word "Bypass." Is it possible that you have a conflicting control set up for this?

kartman

Inspired
How are you setting up the footswitch? If you do it through the FC menu, you don't get that lit orange dot next to the word "Bypass." Is it possible that you have a conflicting control set up for this?
Please have a look at the other thread and let me know if I missed something. I tried both FC menu Bypass control and with an in-block modifier... The pics I attached are after disabling the FC Bypass and trying the in-block modifier option.

Good thought but not a conflict as far as I know.

The images show the wah block bypassed and active and the yellow dot should be there as there is a modifier attached. But, independent of the actual bypass state, the UI is indicating that the block is bypassed in both states, no?

Bakerman

Axe-Master
This might be normal. I'm guessing the "bypass" rectangle shows the state of the actual bypass parameter, even though the modifier has control in your example. If PC Reset was used on the bypass modifier, that can be useful information. It lets you know whether the block will be on or off when the preset is recalled.

(To test this theory: remove modifier, engage block, reassign modifier, see if rectangle indicates non-bypassed state.)

Bakerman

Axe-Master
Assign the modifier again while the block is engaged like in the left screenshot. Does the "Bypass" text/rectangle stay white?

Top Bottom