Implemented Bypass/Engage in multiple Scenes

Sometimes I add a new block when I'm on scene 2, for example, and then the block automatically engages in all other scenes. I have to manually bypass it in each scene. Maybe a "Bypass in all scenes" or "Engage in all scenes" would be handy.

Sometimes I add a new block when I'm on scene 2, for example, and then the block automatically engages in all other scenes. I have to manually bypass it in each scene. Maybe a "Bypass in all scenes" or "Engage in all scenes" would be handy.
+1 on this feature
-engage/bypass for

*this scene only
*all
*select scenes*

super handy if building a preset with lots of sounds and you don't want the super OD in your acoustic scene

I see that this has been implemented already, and I can utilize it in Axe Edit by going to the "Block" > "All Scenes" dropdown. The current default behavior when adding a new block is to enable it in every scene in the preset. I'd like to be able to add a new block and have it only be enabled in the current scene by default. Does this setting exist currently?

I thought it might be in Axe Edit in the "Settings" > "Preferences" menu, but it's not. If this doesn't exist, let me know and I'll make a new Wish request.

Last edited:
I see that this has been implemented already, and I can utilize it in Axe Edit by going to the "Block" > "All Scenes" dropdown. The current default behavior when adding a new block is to enable it in every scene in the preset. I'd like to be able to add a new block and have it only be enabled in the current scene by default. Does this setting exist currently?

I thought it might be in Axe Edit in the "Settings" > "Preferences" menu, but it's not. If this doesn't exist, let me know and I'll make a new Wish request.
It doesn’t exist. The working theory was if you add a block you want it on.

The design process is currently add a block, then go to all Scenes and set it how you want. The Scene design button in Edit might be faster or more intuitive for this.

It doesn’t exist. The working theory was if you add a block you want it on.

The design process is currently add a block, then go to all Scenes and set it how you want. The Scene design button in Edit might be faster or more intuitive for this.
Right. I thought some more about it and realized that if the option existed for only leaving blocks on in the current scene, then you would have the In, Out, Amp and Cab blocks bypassed in all other scenes by default, which would be a pain. So this probably isn't a realistic feature idea, unless you had the ability to fine-tune the default bypass state for every available block type.

Currently I've been adding a new block, using the keyboard shortcut to bypass it in all scenes, and then enabling it only in the current scene. Seems to work fine for me.

Right. I thought some more about it and realized that if the option existed for only leaving blocks on in the current scene, then you would have the In, Out, Amp and Cab blocks bypassed in all other scenes by default, which would be a pain. So this probably isn't a realistic feature idea, unless you had the ability to fine-tune the default bypass state for every available block type.

Currently I've been adding a new block, using the keyboard shortcut to bypass it in all scenes, and then enabling it only in the current scene. Seems to work fine for me.
Yeah, I liken it to buying 8 copies of physical pedals and having to set them up for my line selector or something. Takes a minute, but then it guarantees it’s how I want it.

Or the fun gig surprise when something is on cuz I forgot.

I call that “jazz”.

Back
Top Bottom