Bypass cab sims for on stage only

jimmy01

I want to be able to to turn off cab sims for on stage only. Keep them on for FOH.

I've tried the following link from Chris: "
How do I send my Axe signal to a PA system and to a Guitar Amp and Cab at the same time?"
http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/09/h...but-without-cab-sims-to-a-guitar-amp-and-cab/

Using an FX Block doesn't work when running two amp's at once (panned left and right), especially with numerous effects post cabs. My on stage sound loses all the nice delays and reverbs I've created.

I even tried running the FX loop out to the side just before the cab, and adding duplicates of all my effects, but I run out of memory (use up all my CPU).

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Jimmy

Not sure why you would want to put all the effects post cab? On the Axe, cab placement isn't the same as in a real AMP/ Cab scenario. Think of the cab as an effect.

You can put the cab last and you'll have the exact same results. Put your FX under that and you'll get exactly what you want. I run that way and I also have an EQ after the FX, so I can adjust tone on Out 2 independently of Out 1.

This is my live setup when using a solid state poweramp and real cab on stage via output 2 (from fxloop block) and also going direct to FoH via output 1
Dwm 2017-01-13 23-02-12-20.jpg

I agree jimmy01 the struggle is real. Having the same exact dilemma here. Can create some really killer saturated FX patches with reverb and delay after the cab. The only real answer I can see is getting a FRFR stage rig. Gonna miss my Mesa power amp and cabinet. But hey I won't have to wait for the third set for the tubes to warm up. :) I guess some people never deviate from standard signal path. When your trying to match that one artists sound on a track you know that the mix down has tons of butter on it ( FX after the cab) well there you have it.

Can create some really killer saturated FX patches with reverb and delay after the cab. The only real answer I can see is getting a FRFR stage rig.

Post an example preset if you have one. The order of cab & post-amp effects sometimes won't matter in a device like the Axe-FX. If you're noticing a difference, the solution could be something simple like switching cab block from mono to stereo.

Try moving the cabs after everything else, parallel to each other. If either is currently mono, switch to stereo so stereo effects are preserved. I don't know what settings your other blocks use, but that may sound close to or indistinguishable from the original cab placement.

FYI the actual song title is "Creep".

I create all my presets in Axe Edit using a saved template, in which the cab block is at the end, and the FX Loop spurred off just before it. This way, any preset I make will always work for both FOH and power amp/cab at the same time. This avoids the OP's dilemma of having presets that cannot work in this context. But having said that, I personally never found any benefit in putting effects after the cab block anyway, so it's no big deal to me, to others it may be more so.

I want to be able to to turn off cab sims for on stage only. Keep them on for FOH.

I've tried the following link from Chris: "
How do I send my Axe signal to a PA system and to a Guitar Amp and Cab at the same time?"
http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/09/h...but-without-cab-sims-to-a-guitar-amp-and-cab/

Using an FX Block doesn't work when running two amp's at once (panned left and right), especially with numerous effects post cabs. My on stage sound loses all the nice delays and reverbs I've created.

I even tried running the FX loop out to the side just before the cab, and adding duplicates of all my effects, but I run out of memory (use up all my CPU).

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Jimmy
are you using a Stereo cab, as advised in the article you linked?

Back
Top Bottom