Buzzing sound help

vavais

Hi... Usually, I only read here and I find answers... But now, i'm completely clueless

I have a buzzing sound with clean presets and I can also hear it in distorted presets

I've done all my testings with a factory preset... CE-1 Chorus/Vibe XY

I tested it on a cab(first thought it was my cab amp or speaker) but then tested it via a mixer to studio monitors.. Same problem...

Used XLR/XLR and 1/4''/1/4'' cables testing... same problem...

Axe is up to date and system parameters have been restored to default... Same problem...

The problem starts when I read on axe wiki how to set levels.... Seems I was running too low output level 1(was set to 20%, according to axe wiki, should be @noon(50%) and hell yeah, it sounds f**** better) but now,I have this buzzing sound, have to drop output level to around 20% for the buzzing sound to be unnoticiable but axe don't sound as good...

Here's a video... Sorry, it's in french and the image is crap but you'll hear the problem...

please help... :(

Last edited:
Listening to your video, that sounds very close to strings very lightly buzzing on the guitar. As a test, can you try plugging the guitar directly into your PA desk (i.e. bypass the AxeFX completely), then crank the PA as loud as you can (without getting arrested) to see if the problem happens there?

Alternatively, do you have a different guitar to try through the AxeFX?

I have some electrics that you cannot hear a buzz until you amplify them, it is subtle at low volumes but more obvious at louder volumes.

Listening to your video, that sounds very close to strings very lightly buzzing on the guitar. As a test, can you try plugging the guitar directly into your PA desk (i.e. bypass the AxeFX completely), then crank the PA as loud as you can (without getting arrested) to see if the problem happens there?

Alternatively, do you have a different guitar to try through the AxeFX?

I have some electrics that you cannot hear a buzz until you amplify them, it is subtle at low volumes but more obvious at louder volumes.
Tried different guitars, different inputs and different wires(wireless, and different 1/4'' lengts)

Still the same

It might also be the natural characteristic of that particular amp as well, can you try a different clean amp?

im 99% sure this is an issue with your guitar. i had a similar problem that i fixed yesterday. do all of your strings buzz? if not, does the buzzing string still buzz if you fret it?

im 99% sure this is an issue with your guitar. i had a similar problem that i fixed yesterday. do all of your strings buzz? if not, does the buzzing string still buzz if you fret it?
I have 4 guitars... same problem with them all

Hi Vavais, can you include video of your output levels from the VU tab of the Utility menu and how hard are you hitting the input, does the red clip light only go on when you slam the strings or does it light up with gentle picking. Salut, Perry a Montreal.

Back
Top Bottom