Buying used Fractal FX3

I am currently on the wait list but someone 15 minutes away from me is selling a used FX3 with 3 expression pedals and the FC12. I am assuming the warranty would be gone. Have there been any hardware revisions I might not know about that might make an older unit different from what i would get now? I am currently working on 3 projects and basically waiting to do guitars so the used one will get me off the ground right away.

Last edited:
The only hardware revision iirc is about the internal fan, early units have the fan always running while in later ones it turns on only when the internal temperature gets above a certain threshold.
As far as I know there's no way to distinguish the two version other then listening to the fan, or maybe if you contact fractal support they could tell by the serial number.

The warranty is not transferable but Fractal is renowned for backing their products. Not saying any issues would be taken care of as the warranty states but I would rest assured that they would do what they can to help.

ZanySnappyCanvasback-small.gif

I am going to grab it. I always ask the why are they selling it question in person and do my best to read into their answer! I may just keep my name on the list and grab a new one and flip this one. Most of the used ones I have seen are going for more then the cost of a new one.

Most of the used ones I have seen are going for more then the cost of a new one.

Timing is everything. I sold my AX8 after 2+ years for $1,100. Paid $1,400+shipping, so at a loss (kinda, I did use it). The FM3 had already been announced and I had already bought a III, FC6, and FC12.

I played the III for about 18 months and sold it for $2,250, which is what I paid for it less shipping and tax. I had ordered an FM3 and received it the day after I sold my III. The III was available new for $2,000 at the time, but it was still on the waitlist and someone really wanted it "now".

After a month, I sold the FM3 and FC6 for $1,800 a day or two before my new III arrived. They were available new for a total of $1,500, but again, the FM3 was a waitlist item. I had no intention of selling the FM3 when I bought it. I just really missed the III.

So, what do you think? Good buy?

🍒🍒🍒
DUDE. I don't even understand what is happening right now???!! My brain is melted. I'm speaking in tongues. The presets alone are a creative trampoline park. $2600 for including FC12 (blind guy rejoices) and 3 mission expression pedals. Still on the list for a new on. I will most likely buy the new one and sell this one or keep it who knows. Game changer for guitar specifically for writing purposes. Unreal. The Ruby Rocket sounds so goood. Lots to do!

DUDE. I don't even understand what is happening right now???!! My brain is melted. I'm speaking in tongues. The presets alone are a creative trampoline park. $2600 for including FC12 (blind guy rejoices) and 3 mission expression pedals. Still on the list for a new on. I will most likely buy the new one and sell this one or keep it who knows. Game changer for guitar specifically for writing purposes. Unreal. The Ruby Rocket sounds so goood. Lots to do!

Fuck yeah!

Go for it ,
I bought mines used for 2000 , the warranty isn't transferable but fractals customer service is A++++.
don't forget this isn't a consumer grade product !!! its professional grade with professional service ...

So my number should be up for a new unit. I have been using my used MK1 for a solid two months and its incredible. Still, I am thinking of grabbing the MKII for the warranty. Mine will eventually be seeing regular stage use so I want the warranty.

Do you think more people will be interested in a package deal with the FC12 and a few expression pedals, or am I better off just selling the rack unit on its own?

So my number should be up for a new unit. I have been using my used MK1 for a solid two months and its incredible. Still, I am thinking of grabbing the MKII for the warranty. Mine will eventually be seeing regular stage use so I want the warranty.

Do you think more people will be interested in a package deal with the FC12 and a few expression pedals, or am I better off just selling the rack unit on its own?

I'd sell separately, should yield more

You'll just rebuy the pedals and fc, so that seems very counter productive.

Isnt the warranty 1 year? You expect gigs in a year? Not sure how likely that is tbh.

Back
Top Bottom