• Mission Gemini 2

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Xitone Active 112 Wedge

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Matrix FR-12

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
I ended up buying 2 Friedman ASM12s and Love Them

I'm late to the party, but I had seen your very positive post about the JBL SRX812Ps. Did you ultimately change your mind on them? I ask because I've just ordered a pair, so it made me curious why you were back in the market for FRFRs...

I'm late to the party, but I had seen your very positive post about the JBL SRX812Ps. Did you ultimately change your mind on them? I ask because I've just ordered a pair, so it made me curious why you were back in the market for FRFRs...
The srx 812's are fantastic, you won't be disappointed. I have 3 of them and use them for FRFR, or foldback, or PA-FOH. Very versatile - great for both guitar and vocals

The srx 812's are fantastic, you won't be disappointed. I have 3 of them and use them for FRFR, or foldback, or PA-FOH. Very versatile - great for both guitar and vocals

Phew, thanks, that's great to hear. I got a pair of them en route along with a sub, and Wed. can't get here fast enough. ;)

So, get this. I had originally ordered the 835s, but UPS seems to have lost one, and the other one showed up in a mangled box so I refused delivery. Then I decided to try the 812s and sub instead, and they went 'out for delivery' 3 days in a row and were never delivered. Called Amazon and they said they would give me a deep discount on the 835s if I still wanted them. At this point, I'm desperate so I say sure, figuring I can try both models (if the 812s even show up), and return one pair.

So they send out another pair of 835s to be delivered today. Now UPS is saying they're delayed, but that ONE 812 and the sub are out for delivery today. The rest are MIA. And I don't really expect the 812 and sub to even show up today. So I've got FIVE expensive speakers and a sub on my credit card, and nothing has been delivered. I ordered the first pair of 835s twelve days ago. And tonight, I anticipate I'll still be using headphones, and drinking my face off. :-/

I can tell you this from sheer experience both good and bad.
The mission Gemini 2 sounds incredible BUT mine is on its way back to Sweetwater so they can send it to Mission for the second time for yet another repair. Not sure what that says about Mission maybe I just keep getting lemons. While it's gone I'll be auditioning some new amps for sure!

I can tell you this from sheer experience both good and bad.
The mission Gemini 2 sounds incredible BUT mine is on its way back to Sweetwater so they can send it to Mission for the second time for yet another repair. Not sure what that says about Mission maybe I just keep getting lemons. While it's gone I'll be auditioning some new amps for sure!

What broke on it?

What broke on it?
Well the first time it had an extremely loud ground loop type hum even when going direct with guitar!
Second time I'm not too sure but I'm thinking a short in a wire because the right speaker cuts in/out, and after taking the rear panel off and playing if I shake the wiring harness it exaggerates the issue. All solder joints are good, nothing obvious from visual inspection. About done with this brand !

I own a XiTone 112 Openback and 112 Wedge and think they sound FANTASTIC (does that count as two votes?)! They are also incredibly well built and good looking. Mick offers custom designs with minimal (sometimes no) up-charge and is the kind of dude you like to support...twice.

Two things worth noting about the poll. Every one of the competing brands is a larger company than XiTone (meaning more potential voters), yet XiTone is currently in 2nd place. You'll also find that XiTone owners are very enthusiastic and devoted. Drop Mick a line before you make a decision!

Back
Top Bottom