Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Xitone Active 112 Wedge

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Matrix FR-12

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Keith White

Experienced
I am currently using a pair of JBL SRX 812 powered cabs but I am moving those as either sidefills or mains for my band. So my Xmas present to myself is a new FRFR powered cab. I am using a credit card so price has no factor in my decision. I want THE BEST quality and sound and weight is not a factor. I have done quite a bit of research but that is only so good since I dont have any way to hear each of them. Please only vote in the poll if you have hands on experience. Also there was talk in the past of Fractal working on FRFR powered speakers of their own. Is there any truth to this and if so any idea when because of course I believe they would be the best and I don't mind waiting if early 2017

I love my CLR's. I run everything through them. They are ridiculously loud and powerful. I know you said weight is not a consideration, but they are pretty unwieldy.

I've heard but not played through the Line6 and Gemini, but FWIW I trust Friedman and Mission, not so much Line6. <opinion>

Since people are selling their orignal CLR's so cheaply, I'd highly recommend them. IF money is no issue, then sure go with the new lighter ones. I have 3 original CLR speakers and LOVE them.

Love my Friedman. Really has a great feel and punch to it with solid mids.
Haven't tried the others but it translates well with my Event BAS studio monitors.

Find a used CLR, they are selling for pretty low prices. I tried to sell off a second one prior to moving and even at $650 couldn't get any takers. Stupid good monitor for the money

I've had the ASM12 as well which also is nice. Bit bigger/heavier to move around, and not as good of dispersion. Good unit overall, though mine had a fairly loud white noise when not playing. Had to return it for that reason, probably would of kept it otherwise.

Couldn't be happier with the CLR though. Sounds fantastic, fairly compact size/weight (compared to a 4x12 at least lol) and dead silent when not playing. As an added bonus, it had a second input so you can plug in a mp3 player for backing tracks, or anything. On stage, run your band mix in one input, guitar in the other, easily adjust to taste on-stage yourself.

CLR has been the most revealing monitor I've played, giving the most sense of depth on reverb etc. very "3D" sound for lack of better word

Personally, I only have experience with the Matrix and Xitone cabs. I feel the Xitone is a great cab... solidly built, great customer service, and one to definitely take a close look at when deciding on what you'd like. However, I think I'm just one of those guys that never really caught on to the FRFR route, thus could never really find the tone I was searching for or that felt good to my ear, so I moved on to using a Matrix NL212 cab and that has been giving me a much better tone... for me. I think that the Matrix cabs are really nice as well. They offer great customer service and are also quality-built, but I feel the Xitone is a step above overall. I would highly recommend contacting them and giving them a chance as a contender in your FRFR search.

Had the same decision to make and decided on Xitone. Should have mine next week. I'll post a review as soon as I've had time to give it a proper work out. Good luck!

Personally, I only have experience with the Matrix and Xitone cabs. I feel the Xitone is a great cab... solidly built, great customer service, and one to definitely take a close look at when deciding on what you'd like. However, I think I'm just one of those guys that never really caught on to the FRFR route, thus could never really find the tone I was searching for or that felt good to my ear, so I moved on to using a Matrix NL212 cab and that has been giving me a much better tone... for me. I think that the Matrix cabs are really nice as well. They offer great customer service and are also quality-built, but I feel the Xitone is a step above overall. I would highly recommend contacting them and giving them a chance as a contender in your FRFR search

It's like you read my thoughts… :)
I started with 2 x NL212 + Matrix GT1000FX running stereo and all was great.
Than got 2 XiTone passive cabs and paired them with the GT1000, as you mentioned they are built great and also got great costumer service.
However I always find myself going back to the 2 x NL212 setup, it has more thump, more presence, more headroom, more of everything, that’s what my ears are telling anyway.

Back
Top Bottom