Buying monitors for playing and some recording down to 2 - help please :)

MackieFX

Experienced
It looks like either A7X or Even SC207

I am working in a small-medium room. Untreated. I have some insulation panels on the wall I made, but that's about it. Is this gona be a problem?

I know @2112 uses A7Xs but I heard they have issues with bass? I have no plan to get a sub ever, thats just too big a rig.

I will be using these for 80% jamming with my AxeIII and 20% recording

Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think you can go wrong either way. I bought a pair of Adam A7Xs last year and have been very happy with them. But I've always been intrigued by the Eves as well, and ever since I noticed they can be ordered from Thomann for nearly half of what they sell for in the US, I've been toying with the idea of getting a set for living room jamming.

Yeah, an untreated room is going to cause problems with reflections but they both have settings on the back to help adjust for that, and they will still sound better than cheap monitors in an untreated room.

I have a small room with the Adams so I have to turn down the bass a couple of notches to keep them from being too boomy. They definitely sound better out in my large living room with high ceilings where I can crank them up and let them breath more, but even in the small room they sound a lot better than the JBL 306s I was previously using.

Another thing you might take into consideration is the port design with Adams on front and the Eves on back. I also really like how the power buttons are on the front of the Adams so you don't have to reach around to the back. Apparently you can use standby mode from the front of the Eves but the power button is on back.

Spend less time worrying about gear and more time using it, and you'll find you get more done. Thats not to say dont ask questions, but you wont wreck anything by actually trying your ideas first. In this case, buy the one you like more.

Back
Top Bottom