Buying from OwnHammer vs. FractalAudio

Until FAS offers the wav files, I'll stick with OwnHammer. Plus, I get a frequent buyer discount. Also, OH's price point is hard to beat because you get quantity and extreme quality.

Until FAS offers the wav files, I'll stick with OwnHammer. Plus, I get a frequent buyer discount. Also, OH's price point is hard to beat because you get quantity and extreme quality.
I 've bought some packs from Ownhammer... How do I get this kind of discount?
Thanks!

Edit 1: I just found the rule on his site!

They get truncated to about 170 ms. UltraRes IR's are up to 8000 samples long. 8000 samples / 48,000 samples per second = 0.167 seconds or 167 milliseconds.
According to the release notes back then (about FW13) Cliff wrote about 8K samples. So this might mean 2^13 = 8192 samples. In this case we'd have 8192 samples / 48000 samples/seconds = 0.171 seconds. So yes, in either case, we don't have 200ms, but about 170ms IRs.

So Fractal also sells IRs now? Could someone explain me why they are not already included with the products? If they would be better it seems strange not to include them in the products.

Basically the versions on the Fractal store are whittled down Player's Packs and the versions on OwnHammer's site contain way more IRs. So it's up to you which you prefer and what your patience is for auditioning IRs. If you just want the cream of the crop, get the version in the Fractal store.

Which version is this and are these better than the stock cabs on the AX8?

Ok, but why does not Fractal Audio include these syx files in their end products if they are better than the stock cabs?
Because, they're not "better". They're just different sounds, different cabs and different speakers. Think of them as expansion packs. The stock cabs in the Axe-Fx are by no means inferior to aftermarket IR's.

Ok, but why does not Fractal Audio include these syx files in their end products if they are better than the stock cabs?
you already have fractal audio cabs installed on your AX8,also remember that fractal audio sell cabs from third party sellers like ML Audio,Ownhammer,York Audio,Austin Buddy,on your fractal audio cabs you already have awesome cabs so there is no need to buy third party irs,but buying third party cabs is up to us,i like to buy third party cabs because i want to try different sounds,but third party cabs are not better than the AX8/AXEFX factory cabs.

Back
Top Bottom