Buying direct off website

barryswanson

Inspired
When I try to buy direct of the website it adds $10,000 grand shipping cost to the price. Obviously because I'm not in the USA this I assume is to encourage people to by locally. But why even have an international online buy direct page if it's not even possible? Plus I don't wanna pay $3,300 Australian. It's ludicrous when you still need a power amp.

Go through an Australian reseller

your not going to be able to buy it cheaper from the website

especially when you factor in Australian customs taking your items for ransom becuase you need to pay duty

Yeah I know what your saying but I hate paying retail. I've never paid the full price for anything. There has to be a way

You want a way around the local distributor? And you're actually posting to find out if someone has a hack?

I'm glad you get deals, but plenty of places like Ebay and local sales to see if you can get a used deal, but don't post trying to get around what is an established process to actually give you access to an Axe II (which you WOULD NOT HAVE if this situation didn't exist.)

R

Yeah I know what your saying but I hate paying retail. I've never paid the full price for anything. There has to be a way

"Never paying full price" is an illusion of the music industry. "Retail" is a fake concept to drive sales at the lower "street price" so everything appears to be on sale all the time.

Many newer MI companies just charge "the price" and it's just way better and more simple.

I think IM Australia is selling at a very reasonable price.

if you buy direct from FAS, the Axe-FX II XL is US$ 2500 + US$130 for UPS air shipping costs. total = US$ 2680. This is roughly AUS$3500 at today's exchange rate.
IM Australia will sell it for AUS$ 3400.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I think IM Australia is selling at a very reasonable price.

if you buy direct from FAS, the Axe-FX II XL is US$ 2500 + US$130 for UPS air shipping costs. total = US$ 2680. This is roughly AUS$3500 at today's exchange rate.
IM Australia will sell it for AUS$ 3400.

Am I missing something?

GST... Duty...

FYI I bought a used Mk2 with a broken MFC1 port (that I won't use) for $2K AUD from a Melbourne lad. So it does happen. I can't afford retail either. The price seems to be heading in the wrong direction lately.

Last edited:
GST... Duty...

FYI I bought a used Mk2 with a broken MFC1 port (that I won't use) for $2K AUD from a Melbourne lad. So it does happen. I can't afford retail either. The price seems to be heading in the wrong direction lately.

Yes, that was my point... It makes more sense to buy from Oz dealer. No extra duty/gst. And full warranty...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plus andrew and the team at independent audio are a helpful bunch when things need fixin'

Thanks
Pauly

...warranty...

I travel to the u.s. regularly and often buy gear there, but I figured the price here was pretty reasonable, all things considered.

Back
Top Bottom