buying axe fx 2 help... new or used?

No worries man,
I just checked emails. No name that I can find.
What's happening? If it's someone that wants a bank transfer cleared payment before you collect it. Don't. Even when I offered this guy cash and to be at his door in 50 mins he wanted bank transfer. Haha.

I bought mine in the UK, used, from a seller that I knew personally. I suppose it was more luck than anything that it came up but, even though it was a risk-free transaction, I do still covet that 2yr warranty :) I would be seriously screwed if my Axe went down!

So I would strongly recommend using G66 - even at the price they're asking, the Axe is superb value for money. In addition, once you're familiar with the AFX, you'll almost certainly have a load of gear you'll no longer use - so you could always thin the heard a little to recoup some of the investment.

Also, I think you are correct in skipping the Std/Ultra and going for the II. It's easier to grasp and far more amp-like IMO.

There were some for sale a little cheaper used when I bought mine, but I decided to go on and get a new one direct from Fractal for the peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom