Buying an Axe-Fx 3 ...question...

It slipped my mind that I can use a power amp with the Axe Fx - I'll hang onto the Friedman 4X12 Cab for now. I don't feel like dealing with the packing or shipping of that thing anyway.

I have a decent collection of good quality isolated guitar tracks - for the tone match feature on the Axe FX 3.

I was looking for a Friedman 4x12 and found one on Reverb. Placed the order and about an hour later I get this email:
"I was surprised to learn this evening that my Friedman 4x12 cabinet had "finally sold" on Reverb.com this afternoon. The reason I was surprised was because I was under the impression that I had removed it. I was about to investigate how I could "Initiate a Refund" for you when I got a look at whom I'd be addressing!!!

The reason this is so fascinating is that The Only Reason I'd even CONSIDERED selling this marvelous pair of items was because of our growing affinity and dependence upon the Fractal AXE FX III."

Looking at the AXE Fx 3's manual it looks like in addition to having the axe connected to the studio monitors I can also at the same time have it hooked up to the BE 100 using the 4 cable method or just connect the axe to the amps effect loop?!

...am I right?

I was looking for a Friedman 4x12 and found one on Reverb. Placed the order and about an hour later I get this email:
"I was surprised to learn this evening that my Friedman 4x12 cabinet had "finally sold" on Reverb.com this afternoon. The reason I was surprised was because I was under the impression that I had removed it. I was about to investigate how I could "Initiate a Refund" for you when I got a look at whom I'd be addressing!!!

The reason this is so fascinating is that The Only Reason I'd even CONSIDERED selling this marvelous pair of items was because of our growing affinity and dependence upon the Fractal AXE FX III."
LOL! Dude's own cab is going to be immortalized in AxeFX3....

.......so did he sell it to you...?

I have the Axe connected to the computer and listening to Tool's Pneuma. Holy Crap this sounds phenomenal!!!!! These LYD's rock! Amazingly detailed.

Just listening to music for now.

Looking at the AXE Fx 3's manual it looks like in addition to having the axe connected to the studio monitors I can also at the same time have it hooked up to the BE 100 using the 4 cable method or just connect the axe to the amps effect loop?!

...am I right?
Correct

• Love
Reactions: J-C

Awesome , thanks for the confirmation.

This Axe FX 3 is amazing!

It sure makes one tasty audio interface! This sounds so good! My ears are having an orgasm.

Edit: played my Anderson Bulldog with H2+ in the bridge on whatever setting is on the axe when I plugged it in and I feel there are great things to come!

I think the smaller of the two foot controls will be all I need for bedroom jamming. It will leave room at my feet for expression pedals.

I'm having so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
...I think the smaller of the two foot controls will be all I need for bedroom jamming. It will leave room at my feet for expression pedals...

That's good thinking. The FC-6 is amazingly versatile, and having expression pedals available really adds to the usability of the rig.

Pretty much all of us here can relate to your "having so much fun" comment. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom