Buying advice please Axe FX2 older model

I have the chance of an FX II and Footswitch for @ £1600 and basically trying to find out if its really worth me going for it ? , will it run the latest firmware etc etc and are there any issues with the RJ45 lead etc. Any input would be gratefully received
thanks
Ian

I have the chance of an FX II and Footswitch for @ £1600 and basically trying to find out if its really worth me going for it ? , will it run the latest firmware etc etc and are there any issues with the RJ45 lead etc. Any input would be gratefully received
thanks
Ian

Is the Footswitch an MFC-101? If yes then it seems like a good deal. I haven't looked at used gear for a while so I don't know current pricing, but I sold my mark 1 for $1550.00USD with no footswitch about 2 years ago. At the time this seemed like a good price.

Played and tweaked the hell out of my AxeFxII Mk 1 (purchased at release FW1.00) and MFC(bought with the release of the AxeFx Ultra). Never had a problem. Would still be playing it but decided to get an XL+ and MFC III for the extra memory. Great longevity!

I still have an AxeFx II Mark I as a back up, but have since moved on to the XL and the AX8. The II Mark I is still a fully capable unit with the same great tone as the XL and the AX8. It has less memory than the XL and because of that a few less capabilities regarding number of duplicate blocks, X/Y states, patch banks, and user cab slots. The biggest drawback was the use of RJ45 for connection to the MFC. Ethernet cables are not very robust in general. The other problem it has is that RJ45 connector is in the same row as the the USB connector, so it was more likely for someone to accidentally stick the USB in the RJ45 port when attempting a blind connection. When that happened, it pretty much fried the RJ45 port.

Last edited:
I recently got a MK1. No problems except for wishing I had more user cab slots. The stock fan was extremely loud, so I replaced it. If I was gigging live and not in a studio I would get the MKII for the better MFC port. I paid $1850 for mine with a rack and Furman included. Best deal I could find at the time. I wanted it shipped in a rack case, so it worked out.

I think its sounds great, personally I only use a few cabs so I will never use up all the available memory. Sounds like a great deal although I would love to have the floor unit.

Thanks for all your feedback, i pulled the trigger and now its sitting in my Music Room, now to look for a decent rack amp and mod my old 4x12. I tried active wedges on my Helix and was very unimpressed, whereas i have a good friend who uses his Fractal with an old Boogie 290 and that sounds spectacular, so off to eBay ;)

Back
Top Bottom