Buy Dweezil's Fractal Presets

The only thing that I consider interesting in someone else patches is always on Fx side ...
I really don' care about others users amps settings even they are pro ... They never translate 100%

Blocks sound "the same" always ... Amps settings no ... Just my 2 cents
BTW 200 is ridiculous ...

I bought it and when I receive it I will gladly give you a complete review. To each his own!

I'm curious if they will tweak them before you get them? Being FW 17 has some noticeable "rewritten" changes with the some of the algorithms, I would imagine some parameter adjustment would be necessary... ?

Any users feedback on Zappa's presets ? I understood from the blog that they can not be "shared" on several units . Wich Fw version are the presets? Thanks

$200 is way too steep. Many times presets that sound great for one setup sound terrible on my setup - proven time and time again when I download axe change or anyone else's presets. Usually only one out every ten sounds decent. Honestly - I might pay $20.

While not criticizing anyone's opinion on this, I don't know why everyone seems to stuck on the usability of those presets. To me, it's (well, primarily about him offering something in return for a pledge to fund his new album) more about a peek into the mind of someone who's got a pretty wide vocabulary on the guitar and with music in general. I'd love the chance to browse through his presets, check out his EQ settings, cabs, etc and see what I could learn from him.

Sure, for just a bank of presets alone, $200 is steep (and I can't afford to throw that much at presets, regardless of who made them anyway) but I dunno, seems there're more intangible benefits apart from getting some new sounds maybe.

Still waiting but had comments back from Dweezil he was updating the presets with the 19 or Quantum firmware upgrades. I look forward to sharing reviews.

It helped support his latest recording which is really great... Dweezil was on tour so he asked the pledgers what they wanted to do wait for Q or just get the current 20 version he was using..
The consensus was to wait for Q. That meant a slight delay on releasing them as he is in middle of tour.. Also of more important news Gail Dweezil's Mother and Matriarch of the Zappa family
passed away just this week surrounded by her family. R.I.P. Gail Zappa Respect for the family....

I would say knowing the work ethic of this family and that they do not skimp but rather really put everything into the task at hand that things will and are being handled as the time allows.
When the settings are released they will be current firmware and the absolute best anyone could ask for..

Dweezil is a man of his word he takes care of business He asked the forum members and pledgers if they wanted to wait for Q
those that posted voted for Q and it will be the best there is..

Keep in mind this was to help offset his recording costs and support the recording and he did give the option
to get the settings as is by vote and Q won the vote.

My thoughts and heart are with the entire Zappa family and as for me he cant take as long as he needs to
do what is right by Frank and most certainly Gail.

This is a strong family they are a kind humane family have no doubts the settings will be jaw dropping
For someone who is a fan of both Frank and Dweezil 200 dollars too support Franks Son on his recording
is nothing imagine if you can the cost of all that studio gear and recording time and all the techs that have to work on that
Then consider that the 200 was to help pay for all that not just 300 settings..

When you look at it that way 200 dollars for that insight and work thats what your paying for
and to support the recording and musicians..

He can take as much time as he needs and he has my support unconditionally so I know it will be stellar when its released.
I think it will also prove to be rewarding for Dweezil knowing he went the extra miles to bring us the best.

I know Frank and Gail were very proud of them and look at what beautiful people they raised..
Amazing Strong Strong Family...

Much love and respect for the Zappa family at this time..

I am not tempted at all, presets setup on someone else's setup will most likely sound like crap on mine, though if he wants to make some presets for my setup I'd pay him for that:)

It is to my understanding that Dweezil matched the settings to the original master tapes I cant see how you could get any closer to Franks sounds then that ?
Yes you might find you want to adjust those sounds too your guitar that would make sense ..

Hi!

I just remembered Dweezil's Axe Fx patches were on sale last year, unfortunately I didn't have the funds to buy them at the time, I was wondering what happened with them? Am I still able to buy them?

For anyone who bought them, how are they?

Thanks!

Hi!

I just remembered Dweezil's Axe Fx patches were on sale last year, unfortunately I didn't have the funds to buy them at the time, I was wondering what happened with them? Am I still able to buy them?

For anyone who bought them, how are they?

Thanks!
They were just OK, many required 2 AXFX like DZ's rig to fully appreciate,and others were dependent on his myriad stomp boxes and external FX, there are a few cool ones in there, but you needn't feel like you missed a fantastic deal.

Iam being sincere, why does he need money to make a record, he is a Zappa? Iam sorry to hear his mothers passing.
His mother is the reason he needed to raise funds for an album. There's some really bad blood in that family over the rights and royalties.

They were just OK, many required 2 AXFX like DZ's rig to fully appreciate,and others were dependent on his myriad stomp boxes and external FX, there are a few cool ones in there, but you needn't feel like you missed a fantastic deal.

True.

But the Dynaflanger effect was included. :)

Back
Top Bottom