Buy Dweezil's Fractal Presets

When someone is asking others to pay for something, they need to be perfectly clear about what they are offering........

It says in the written notes "a full Fractal Axe Effects preset library of my signature sounds"

What does he consider his signature sounds? How many presets are we talking about?......10?......100?

Some clarification from Dweezil, or someone possibly in the know from Fractal would be helpful.

Some clarification from Dweezil, or someone possibly in the know from Fractal would be helpful.

The logical place to get info on this is in the discussion section of the PledgeMusic site where the offer has been made. Quoting Dweezil:

"That is a good question. I am currently on the most recent firmware on Axe Effects II. It will be all 3 banks filled with custom sounds. I think 386 presets in total if I'm not mistaken. I'll double check." There's more info if you go there; it took me all of 20 seconds or so.

My personal take is that at ~50¢ per preset, that's something of a steal… and you still get all the other goodies! Count me in.

EDIT: "…all the other goodies" means the album download; I wasn't exactly clear when I made the post.

And I've placed my order; I believe that in addition to his own stellar work, Dweezil has profound real-world experience and insight into evoking the sounds of his father's guitar playing; as a learning resource, these patches will be a treasure trove of knowledge, and even the ones I won't use will likely have much to teach.

I just renewed the registration on my van, and it cost more than $200 to keep my vanity plates. My freakin' vanity plates! C'mon – I have no doubt I'll be getting more than $200 worth of inspiration and utility from these patches.

Last edited:
The logical place to get info on this is in the discussion section of the PledgeMusic site where the offer has been made. Quoting Dweezil:

"That is a good question. I am currently on the most recent firmware on Axe Effects II. It will be all 3 banks filled with custom sounds. I think 386 presets in total if I'm not mistaken. I'll double check." There's more info if you go there; it took me all of 20 seconds or so.

My personal take is that at ~50¢ per preset, that's something of a steal… and you still get all the other goodies! Count me in.

Its relative to how much use you get out of the presents. Unlikely anyone would find all 368 presents useful in their own music.

If you only end up actually using 4 of them, then its $50 per present, not $0.50.

Unless someone is in a Dweezil cover band and needs to emulation ALL of his tones, its realistic to expect only a limited number to prove useful.

Take Stephen Carpenter's Deftones presents, which he gave away from free (just sayin...) How many people are regularly using more than a few of those tones ?

Maybe having a perfectly dialed in present of your favorite tone is worth $50, or maybe even $200, that isn't for anyone else to judge, BUT, I do think its important to consider how much versatility any given collection will provide. That goes for IR packs, beer "sampler" collections etc

Pff, I don't get the ongoing 'complaints'.
Don't want it? Don't buy it.
3 banks of custom sounds is an awful lot of work. Translated to hours.
I'm in.

I'm not in but I agree, if you don't want them fine-but to complain or judge is kind of low. IMHO

I'm reading Feedback, questions, suggestions and concerns....not a whole lot of complaints.

Maybe I'll go back and re-read the thread and am wrong about the pffff complaint thing.

One thing for sure,,,Zappa has earned and deserves respect.

Last edited:
Some folks seem to have failed basic "reading comprehension"............seeking full clarification is not complaining

If all you need is an amp and cab block, then it's not for you. I am pretty sure there are some secrets in the effect blocks though, which has nothing to do what guitar or string you use!

We all know – intuitively – that would be theft. This isn't a warez site. I have to believe the people who chimed in did so jokingly, because it's a fantasy to think otherwise. We're better than that.

We all know no such thing. It isn't at all clear from what has been posted exactly what you are getting, let alone the terms and conditions. I didn't even know till further down thread that this was associated with a kick starter.

People referring to my thought with comments about "wares" and theft and ripping off can sod right off. I CLEARLY stated "if Dweezil isn't cool with it, forget it"

Pff, I don't get the ongoing 'complaints'.
Don't want it? Don't buy it.
3 banks of custom sounds is an awful lot of work. Translated to hours.
I'm in.

Well we've all grown spoiled by all the awesome work that you give us for free.

I think realistically any time a product/service is offered at a higher than average price, people will complain. I mean just look on non-Fractal forums about how outrageous people used to pay $500 or so less for a guitar process find the $2300 Axe-Fx.

$200 for some presents is certainly higher than most (most being given away free). I think people would complain just as much if some, say RedWirez came out with new IR's and said it $500 or so for the collection. Might be good stuff, but people are used to paying around $30 or so for some IR's.

It's not Roxy, it's one of the sig models- "Frank Zappa’s signature “Roxy” SG by Gibson. As played on the Zappa Plays Zappas tours. Used on the new album and signed by Dweezil."

Back
Top Bottom