marang88

Hello,
I wanted to buy an axe fx 3 here in UK and I am surprised that there is only one website which offers fractal audio hardware which is g66.eu

I am TOTALLY DISGUSTED by their pricing. It is RIDICULOUS. The current price would be £2,326.96. While the price for AXE FX 3 is currently $1,999.00. which is £1548.40.

This is almost £1k price difference.

Please don't tell me about import duties, extended warranty etc. 1 y warranty on 1,999 dollars item is already a joke anyway. If fractal does not want to fight for the customer, than I will simply not buy it. I can understand that the price much be a bit more (shipping and 5% duty), but if Fractal would send a big shipment to Europe or UK I would not accept any price increases...

I am fair with £1700 price mark. But 2.3k+ is just offensive.

Vote with your wallet... Dont buy it

I am guessing Fractal is not responsible for local pricing world wide. You should see the prices of these things in Japan. Make G66 guys look like school children.

Nobody cares what price point you are "fair" with. Business is business. Go elsewhere to find whats "fair" to you

I think it comes down to you get what you pay for. Excellent customer service, excellent forum community, endless firmware updates for free. G66 have to earn a living as well don't forget. Shipping to Europe is also expensive. It all adds up. All those years of R&D also. If it's too expensive then don't buy it's simple really.

1999 + 3 years warranty + shipping + customs fee (4,5%) and then 19% VAT of the total amount will give you pretty roughly the same price.
But I won't tell you since you told me not to :)

I'm TOTALLY DISGUSTED by your reasonable justification. Can't you just like... I don't know... lose your ass and give them one for the price they want to pay instead of the price needed to keep your lights on?

AxeFX III : $1999
Extended Warranty : $199
Subtotal : $2198
VAT (20%) : $440
Total USD : $2638
Total EUR : $2369

Arguments against the extended warranty and VAT aside, it seems the G66 cost is in line with the price direct from Fractal were it available (not taking into account the extra shipping cost).

AxeFX III : $1999
Extended Warranty : $199
Subtotal : $2198
VAT (20%) : $440
Total USD : $2638
Total EUR : $2369

Arguments against the extended warranty and VAT aside, it seems the G66 cost is in line with the price direct from Fractal were it available (not taking into account the extra shipping cost).

And you even left out the shipping and customs fee, of what you also have to pay VAT.

I'm disgusted by the frequency these threads are posted.

Always the same - and as always the OP didn't bother to look up all the other threads with the same false accusations.

Funny thing is ... the guys and girls who actually buys the stuff from G66.eu never complains. Probably because they got top notch modeling and great service. And are busy playing guitar and making music.

I know I am. ;)

I hate social media... well some aspects of it People have a choice, all misinformed attitude like the op or, hey anyone know why the pricing is xx seems high vs US.... oh thanks for that info, makes sense now.. or, damn shouldn’t have voted for brexit and f‘d up the exchange rate, ah well better get used to that... (sorry couldn’t resist)

Fractal has dropped the price of the Axe III twice and is absorbing the tariff on imposed shipments to the U.S. so yeah, completely ridiculous and disgusting.

The total price is almost the same, G66 also offers the best support you can have. I've been using Fractal products for 10 years and have always received excellent technical and immediate support from the G66 team. And remember the delicious chocolate:cool:

I have bought Fractal (and other) gear from G66, and also called on them for help when I had problems with equipment; in both scenarios they have very well exceeded my expectations. They supported me beyond any other company on my MFC which was a few years past its warranty and didn't charge me a penny for the spares they sent to me. I am not rich, but I am very happy to pay them the premium because the service you get from them is worth far more than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom