My point with the Marshall reference was simple for the OP.....things are not always fair....quit your bitching and stop being a troll.
I think it's obvious that you're talking out of your ass. Neither one of us is privy to the distribution agreement between Fractal and G66, .... Either way, I'd say put up or shut up. If you're convinced you can offer the same service as G66 for lower prices, contact Fractal and offer to take over the EU distribution. Otherwise, unless you've seen G66s books and know their margins, stop with the unsubstantiated accusations because that only leads to more uninformed people like OP complaining here because they don't know how VAT works.

Ah! That great Fractal Forum Member réputation of the dishonest and disingenuous name-calling interlocutors floats to the surface of the pond again!
No thanks, angry erectors of strawmen. Your game will not be taken up. I’ve near 30 years in this industry. I’ve negotiated countless internationally based distribution deals in this industry. I DO know what is going on. I’ve seen this scenario (and enacted change) many times in the EMEA sphere. There is nothing unique here.
Throwing out a very limited set of data points (the ones you understand and accept) and a ton of white noise and ad hominem attacks gets you waved off and dismissed.

Défend the tribe. Accept the status quo. Never improve.

Last edited:
Throwing out a very limited set of data points (the ones you understand and accept) and a ton of white noise and ad hominem attacks gets you waved off and dismissed.
Well, throwing out exactly zero data points when you're posting unsubstantiated accusations gets you labelled a troll. Especially when the only thing you've given to support your accusations is your alleged 30 years of experience. And attempting to dismiss data points given in response to your posts by calling them a strawman doesn't help either.

Improve and "enact change" as much as you want; nobody would complain about lower prices. But I can't see how your posts in this thread are an improvement to anything.

Just done some checks on this:

$1999=£1564.00
Add UK Duty @ 4.5% (From HMRC Website)=£70.00
Shipping=£85.00
Total £1790.00 + VAT at 20% =£2062.00
G66 price-2799 euros =£2414.00
Premium paid= £362.00 or $462.00

The point I would like to make is that I work for a dealer in the UK who distributes a brand that designs and manufacturers high end AV made in the EU.

The prices paid in the US for these goods are the same as in the EU/UK, e.g. An £1800 product is $2300 in the US-no premium to be paid. There is a worldwide three-year warranty.

G66 offer a fantastic service and this is no reflection on them as a company.

They have a lot of faith (and quite rightly so) in Fractal which is an amazing product, so much so that G66 offer a 3-year warranty.

Surely there is a case for Fractal to also offer a three-year warranty in the US (with the price set at $2200), as this would show the sort of confidence that Fractal should have in what is the best product on the market bar none.

I'm sure that US customers wouldn't be begrudge paying the additional premium with greater piece of mind, knowing that the product has a stronger warranty.

I have purchased an Axe FX 2 and a SP1 from G66 in the past.

If the pricing was on a level playing field, then you can have my order for an Axe FX3 now.

As you can see there are others who feel the same, so please Fractal please consider the commercial implications here.

Agree with the above massively. I’m a fan of G66 and happy with the service but the number of times that bad maths comes out is untrue

Again.... the Marshall markup in the USA compared to UK is way higher than the G66 for the Fractal to UK. That was my point to the OP coming in ranting in troll like similarities that raise many a red flag because the behavior was obvious and OP numbers were not accurate and my Marshall reference was to show things are not always fair in every country and citing an example of what has or was considered the biggest name in rock guitar
amps of Marshall and the gross price difference of buying Marshall in the USA. Things are not fair so I said quit your bitching and vote with your wallet.

As for tradition and name calling. I used the word troll more or at least more direct than any other poster.

I joined the forum just a week or two ago. I am new here. You did not know that and could not be expected to. But I am new here so tradition does not come into play when I am the main one throwing out the troll word. I said it because the OP looks like trolling.

Maybe Fractal does not want to have anything to do with big giant retailer chains and distributors. Maybe they have their reasons. They are not partnered with big retailers in the USA. Maybe its a money thing. Maybe a control thing. Maybe they do not want to play by the rules and games of the big ones. Maybe they want to keep things simple.. I have no idea. I am just guessing. Maybe making an amazing unique groundbreaking product and going thru the Wallmarts and Home Depots of the music gear industry is not what every company wants to do or maybe not yet. Its their choice. But whatever the reason its Fractals choice not ours. We can vote with out wallets.

In general I am not a fan of bitching without the numbers or facts being correct and not a fan of others telling people how to run things.

I do not feel Fractal or G66 need anyone telling them how to do their business. Its their choice and between them and we can vote with our wallet.

I named called and you named called and bit back too even if you disguised it in fancy words and witty analogies with repeated interjections of 30 years experience to come off as more of a gentleman and a more evolved version of our species. We(me included) can choose to all act like pissy little school children in our way but the math is the math and in the end its not our choice even if we do not agree on the math or like it

I also want to add that in some of the math being posted I am not seeing anything about USA sales tax or the cost of the extended warranty in the USA like G66 is offering. There are five of the 50 USA states that have a sales tax in the 9. range the highest being 9.47. Its does get added when you put the Fractal in your shopping cart. I do not know if there is any import tax so will not include that. There are also shipping fees not in the above math for the USA. I live in the middle of the USA so medium cost for shipping and it shows $38 for shipping could be more or less depending on east or west coast destination. I could be wrong but taking the above post difference mentioned of $462 and adding in sales tax and shipping(which could be higher).....

We are not getting the AXE3 on our doorstep for $1999 in the USA.

$199 warranty extension that you are getting with G66 that has to be purchased in the USA

$208 9.47% sales tax on $1999 plus $199 ext warranty

$38 for shipping and could be more

$445 total.

That is a seventeen dollar difference from one of the most recent above math post saying $462 difference.

Maybe I got it wrong in my math and please correct it but thats what got when adding in fees that were missing

Maybe there are some variables but that sure is interesting.

$17 premium.

If its wrong please fix it. I would rather be wrong and get it right even if I have to be corrected. But please add $199 extended warranty cost and up to 9.47% sales tax and at least $38 for shipping to the total when correcting the math. Lets get it right so we can base things on accurate math with all the facts.

So G66 probably is getting the units cheaper than an individual to make a profit. They should be.

Last edited:
Ah! That great Fractal Forum Member réputation of the dishonest and disingenuous name-calling interlocutors floats to the surface of the pond again!
No thanks, angry erectors of strawmen. Your game will not be taken up. I’ve near 30 years in this industry. I’ve negotiated countless internationally based distribution deals in this industry. I DO know what is going on. I’ve seen this scenario (and enacted change) many times in the EMEA sphere. There is nothing unique here.

Défend the tribe. Accept the status quo. Never improve.

yeah, FAS is really struggling after a dozen years ... a stringer like you pimpin’ unsolicited mgmt. consulting advice ... lol 🤣

Have you ever built anything of and on your own, from the ground up to half the success of FAS?

Just done some checks on this:

$1999=£1564.00
Add UK Duty @ 4.5% (From HMRC Website)=£70.00
Shipping=£85.00
Total £1790.00 + VAT at 20% =£2062.00
G66 price-2799 euros =£2414.00
Premium paid= £362.00 or $462.00

If the pricing was on a level playing field, then you can have my order for an Axe FX3 now.

A few small corrections. :)

You HAVE to add the 3 years warranty to the price to have a fair comparrison. It is not possible to sell without warranty in EU by law.
You also have to add warranty and shipping before customs fee.
So 1999 + 250 ( warranty) + 50 shipping (roughly) = 2300$
2300 + 4,5% customs fee = 2400$
2400 + 19% VAT = 2860$ = 2600€

I would say the price is on a level playing field.
Yes, Customs fee and VAT might suck, but there is no legal way arround it.
If you have a VAT number you can off course buy without paying VAT.

yeah, FAS is really struggling after a dozen years ... a stringer like you pimpin’ unsolicited mgmt. consulting advice ... lol 🤣

Have you ever built anything of and on your own, from the ground up to half the success of FAS?

Ill-informed ad hominem gets you nowhere but does reveal how you reckon with the world. Incidentally, you embarrass yourself. The answer to the 2nd question is “Yes”.

Down here in NZ, we pay more than the US or EU.

As soon as I have saved up enough, I'll be buying a second AxeFXIII :)

Reactions: Ole
A few small corrections. :)

You HAVE to add the 3 years warranty to the price to have a fair comparrison. It is not possible to sell without warranty in EU by law.
You also have to add warranty and shipping before customs fee.
So 1999 + 250 ( warranty) + 50 shipping (roughly) = 2300$
2300 + 4,5% customs fee = 2400$
2400 + 19% VAT = 2860$ = 2600€

I would say the price is on a level playing field.
Yes, Customs fee and VAT might suck, but there is no legal way arround it.
If you have a VAT number you can off course buy without paying VAT.

With respect Ole, I would disagree.

I will give you an example from the company that my employer sells in the UK. They are a EU based consumer electronics company.

So a product with a RRP in the UK of £2250, has an equivalent price in the EU of around 2500 euros. This product is available for $2800 or less in the US.

No custom fees, shipping costs etc. After currency conversion, US consumers are paying the same as their European counterparts.

The two-year warranty on the item is an international warranty so is applicable worldwide.

It can be done.

G66 is an excellent company and under EU law only has to offer a minimum 2-year warranty, but thankfully it offers three.

1573482682805.png

There is nothing in the details that I can see to suggest that the EU consumer or purchaser should be subject to paying a premium for the mandatory two year EU warranty. So you're using the Fractal extended warranty in the US and the cost to justify the some of the difference.

Ill-informed ad hominem gets you nowhere but does reveal how you reckon with the world. Incidentally, you embarrass yourself. The answer to the 2nd question is “Yes”.

No whining.

Prove it.

(FAS has proved it. So it’s incumbent upon you to at least better FAS if you’re gonna kibitz.)

Last edited:
Reactions: DLW
Yes. The extended warranty cost has to be considered in the math. Its costs a company to warranty and it costs consumers no matter if it is rolled in, purchased separately or forced in the sale buy the EU law and G66 and/or Fractal agree on 3 year in EU with cost rolled in. Its rolled in in the EU and it additional in the US. It would likely be a one year and additional for three years paid option like the US if it was not for the EU 2 year rule/law.

It costs money to do business and honor warranty work.

I am sorry to keep responding as I feel this thread needs to just fade away but if we are going to do the math it should be accurate. Warranty to warranty.

Last edited:
What about this math. Removing all taxes and fees which really should not be included in the first place when complaining about a company or a distributor pricing. I used the current conversion rates on google.......

USA dollars- 2000 for the AXE
200 for the 3yr warranty
50 shipping only no import fees
2250 total US dollars

G66. 2599 Euro for the AXE with VAT

UK 2599 Euro converts to 2232 pounds
0 for 3 yr warranty
0 G66 showing free ship to the UK
2232 pounds subtract 20% VAT
1786 total pounds

1786 pounds converts to 2295 US dollars

That is a difference or premium for UK compared to US from the manufacturer/distributor with no taxes or fees because those should really not be considered when we are talking of US to UK pricing of $45 dollars.

I checked my math and conversions but of course could have made an error. But if its right we are talking a 35 pound premium and be done talking about this ever again.

I read somewhere that EU VAT was 15% and UK was 20% even if that is the case we are talking 5% or about 120 USD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom