"..but can it do edge of breakup tones?"

Audio from a phone - but this is great break up - controlled from the guitar volume only, Axe II direct into FOH. I’m now getting even better results with the AXE III.

Grat tutorial. Thank you, Leon!

I've never payed much attention to the Matchbox D-30, but now I see that it has a great tone on the breaking-up edge.

It is the perfect tone that I was looking for to play "Little Wing". However, when I put a drive in the front to play the lead, it sounds quite harsh and lack of body. I still haven't found how to make it smooth. I am using a Ibanez JS2450 (Satch Track = low output pickup)

I'll keep working on it.

Last edited:
Really helpful - working with the compression after the gain stage is a key. It will help with how I create these "edge" tones - and great playing btw

Not sure how they compare but they're definitely not a hot SC.

The Tweed Deluxe was a revelation when i started playing around with it. Worth the price of entry alone.

That's a whole other universe right there; the right pedal with the right amp and guitar can be an absolutely magic combo. the Blues OD with the tone all the way off or the FET boost with Klon settings are my staples, what are yours?

I like the SDD Drive, FET Boost and Micro Amp most. Also Timothy and T808...

I need to try that Blues OD setting... This is the 2nd time I've seen that one!

So I tried out the Blues OD with Tone all the way off, Drive about 2.5 and level around 4.5 or so.

Brought the Low Cut up to maybe 65-75Hz cuz it was a bit bassy.

Worked great!

Grat tutorial. Thank you, Leon!

I've never payed much attention to the Matchbox D-30, but now I see that it has a great tone on the breaking-up edge.

It is the perfect tone that I was looking for to play "Little Wing". However, when I put a drive in the front to play the lead, it sounds quite harsh and lack of body. I still haven't found how to make it smooth. I am using a Ibanez JS2450 (Satch Track = low output pickup)

I'll keep working on it.
Matchless DC30 is one of the greatest amps ever created, it's my go to

Matchless DC30 is one of the greatest amps ever created, it's my go to

The thing I love about that amp model is that you can fire it up with the right IR, touch nothing and it sounds amazing. The Atomica High does the same thing for high gain tones.

Back
Top Bottom