Burg's Vibro-Lux suite ... and a custom Strat! Oh, and the preset. :D

Burgs

Power User
I rant and vent on Facebook about probably never being able to afford a (decent) guitar that was built in the same year I was - 1963. I hook up with a guy who turns out to be a master luthier living in Queensland (sunny Australia) and he and I team up for a build. We call our guitar the BK63 (actually, he did) and a star is born (the guitar).

Last night I did what I normally do after dinner and a couple of lip looseners: I hit my *FAS gear to see what might transpire. This video was the result as well as the accompanying patch. (See: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3945)

For better or worse...

*Incidentally, said luthier now wants to buy some FAS for himself. Can't blame him.

Thanks, Winger. Happy New Year to you, Sir. I hope you get some enjoyment from my patch if you care to give it a shot. Cheers. :)

happy new year to you to. I'll definitely be giving your patch a shot.
Unfortunately I don't have a strat available, on this end it will be
used with a Charvel SoCal with the standard Dimarzio pickups.
(At least I can split those. ;-) )

happy new year to you to. I'll definitely be giving your patch a shot.
Unfortunately I don't have a strat available, on this end it will be
used with a Charvel SoCal with the standard Dimarzio pickups.
(At least I can split those. ;-) )

Ha! Cool as. I've got one of those as well. You might want to drop the input drive on the amp block, though.. the Strat pickups are only about 6K. I took my DiMarzios out of the Charvel (I know, sacrilege...) and had Chris Carter from Sin Pickups wind me some far more moderate humbuckers. Works a treat. Rock!

I saw your vid on that and do fully agree with you on lower output pickups and tone.
I had been contemplating on exchanging them with a Norton/ air Norton combo I have in
my RG, just haven't gotten around to in yet.
But after seeing your vid I might even go lower in output ;-)

I saw your vid on that and do fully agree with you on lower output pickups and tone.
I had been contemplating on exchanging them with a Norton/ air Norton combo I have in
my RG, just haven't gotten around to in yet.
But after seeing your vid I might even go lower in output ;-)
Yeah, I guess if I was just playing metal or classic rock the higher output pickups would be great, but I kind of dig the ergonomics of the Charvel neck profile and hardware for more restrained stuff, hence my decision to use more moderate output pickups. A treble bleed on the volume pot and 500K pot helps too. I think the magnets are A2's in those Sin Pickups.

Great Burgs in tone and playing - your luthier probably can afford now an Axe after you spend a lot of money for this beautyfull golden guitar:D

Sounds like a killer Strat Burgs- I have an LsL Strat that's spec'ed very similarly to what you have there (no gold hardware or locking tuners though).. pickups are very similar as well. I rarely encounter a Strat I liked as well as this LsL, including numerous vintage Strats. It's slowed (I'll not say ended) my Strat search, although I'd like to get a similarly spec'ed hard tail Strat.

Cheers to you and the family for 2016..

Back
Top Bottom