Burg's Super (Reverb) and a Johnny Marr Jag. Free preset/demo.

Burgs

Power User
Couldn't help myself. 10.01 compelled me to grab my favourite jangle machine and throw together some big, steely Super action. So here's a preset to play with. Please note that it was voiced with a Johnny Marr Jag and its Bare Knuckle pickups which are quite low output, so you may need to tweak the input/output levels to suit your own axe. But you'll get the idea. Love those old Supers! Have fun.

Preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7312

Special thanks to @austinbuddy for taking the time to test this one and offer a few valuable improvement tricks.

Guys -- this Burg preset is a KEEPER. It's got the Super Reverb mojo, nice bottom end and full sounding! I used a nice vintage- style Tele to check it out on my end -- was killer!

Try the different Lead scenes, one with the Eternity Love Pedal and the other one with the Ruckus...you can get lost on just those two!

Wonderful stuff!

Sounds great as always.
I have always wanted a Marr Jag - almost picked up the green one, but I have no need and no use of the guitar :) so I passed, but man they are cool guitars.

Burgs,

The intonation on that Jag is something to behold as well! 👍🏻 Wow
That guitar came from Pro Guitar Shop in Portland, when I was working for them. Aaron sent it over in exchange for some of my video services. Andy and I were the video guys then. When it arrived it had a Staytrem bridge on it. But it was a 9.5" radius bridge and the guitar has a 7.25" radius. Ugh. I read somewhere that Fender simply ran out of the correct radius Staytrems and shipped them with the wider one. Could that be true? Anyway, I had 7.25" Mastery kicking around so I swapped them. The Mastery needed little if any adjustment and has been amazing. It provides a little extra zing as well (stainless steel).

That's a pretty swish looking Jag, Brad! I'd love to have something like to twang. Does my preset sound OK with it?
honestly, the best it has ever sounded.....I put a Mastery bridge and trem on mine too...

Last edited:
That guitar came from Pro Guitar Shop in Portland, when I was working for them. Aaron sent it over in exchange for some of my video services. Andy and I were the video guys then. When it arrived it had a Staytrem bridge on it. But it was a 9.5" radius bridge and the guitar has a 7.25" radius. Ugh. I read somewhere that Fender simply ran out of the correct radius Staytrems and shipped them with the wider one. Could that be true? Anyway, I had 7.25" Mastery kicking around so I swapped them. The Mastery needed little if any adjustment and has been amazing. It provides a little extra zing as well (stainless steel).
That guitar seriously sounds good! Extra zing for sure!! 👍🏻

It sounds like the previous owner swapped out the original for the Staytrem and put the wrong radius Staytrem in it. They make them both at 7.25 and 9.5. My original bridge has a string spacing of E-E 55mm. The Staytrem and Majesty bridges space at 52mm. On my JM both E strings are too close to the edge of the fretboard so this will help greatly. I have been looking at the Staytrem 7.25 but you cannot get them here in the USA anymore. Although the Majesty is more than double the money I think I am going to have to go this route. In reading opinions many prefer the Staytrem for originality (looks and tone) and the Majesty for sustainability.

Love the video!!!!

It sounds like the previous owner swapped out the original for the Staytrem and put the wrong radius Staytrem in it. They make them both at 7.25 and 9.5. My original bridge has a string spacing of E-E 55mm. The Staytrem and Majesty bridges space at 52mm. On my JM both E strings are too close to the edge of the fretboard so this will help greatly. I have been looking at the Staytrem 7.25 but you cannot get them here in the USA anymore. Although the Majesty is more than double the money I think I am going to have to go this route. In reading opinions many prefer the Staytrem for originality (looks and tone) and the Majesty for sustainability.

Love the video!!!!
be sure and check out Swope Guitars, Chris has a bridge called "the Descendant." The Descendant resolves the dreaded "break angle" issue that has plagued the Fender offsets since the beginning.

Got my Johnny Marr all set up thanks to your motivation. The preset sounds gorgeous. Totally concur with Yek.

Thanks for all you do...

Back
Top Bottom