Burg's Little Guys V2 - Cygnus update and rework - Video demo and free preset

What a great preset.... a useful and beautiful small amps amalgam.

Your a wellspring of creative inspiration,... a true musicians Brother In Arms in our midst.....

Thank you for your thoughtful generosity!

Last edited:
What a great preset.... a useful and beautiful small amps amalgam.

We are all so blessed to have a such a humble hearted, wellspring of creativity, a musicians Brother In Arms in our midst..

Thank you for your thoughtful generosity!
Hey, no problems. It's good fun and I'm glad you can enjoy it.

What a beautiful way to start the weekend,
One fresh & tasty Burgs preset!
Aaannd the Cygnus sound...
Thanks Brett & Fractal gang :)
Have a nice day All.

Awesome video, thanks Burgs!

My favourite small amp is the AC15 which I used on my main live preset for a few years. It was my main goto amp because it cleaned up beautifully with my Les Paul's volume knob, and then went straight into this delicious gain breakup and sounded massive! It also just seems to have a sweeter chime than it's bigger AC30 counterpart. Now I've moved to the Morgan which as you show in your video sounds just fab! I haven't tried the AC15 with Cygnus yet.

Too many nice treats to choose from in our black boxes!

What a beautiful way to start the weekend,
One fresh & tasty Burgs preset!
Aaannd the Cygnus sound...
Thanks Brett & Fractal gang :)
Have a nice day All.
No problems, Nikk. I hope you're having some fun with them.
Sounds great Brett, thank you very much.
Cheers, Mark.
Awesome video, thanks Burgs!

My favourite small amp is the AC15 which I used on my main live preset for a few years. It was my main goto amp because it cleaned up beautifully with my Les Paul's volume knob, and then went straight into this delicious gain breakup and sounded massive! It also just seems to have a sweeter chime than it's bigger AC30 counterpart. Now I've moved to the Morgan which as you show in your video sounds just fab! I haven't tried the AC15 with Cygnus yet.

Too many nice treats to choose from in our black boxes!
AC15 - I must try! Thanks for the tip, Chucma!
Love these sounds.
That you have taken the time to check them out given your enormous workload means a lot to me. Cheers, Yek.

Reactions: yek
I love the little amps. Now that Cygnus is here I've been having some fun reworking an earlier preset. Here it is. I hope you can have some fun with it. The video will tell the story. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8776

There are some fun little amps in there!

I split it into two presets of four scenes each so they'd fit into the FM3. :) I haven't tried pushing them to it because my AF3 has the Cygnus beta running on it so the presets are tagged with that suspicious (to the FM3) "beta" flag. Once we get out of beta I'll try moving them. As is they're working fine separately on the AF3.

The parallel dual amp and cab blocks appear to be required because we're limited to only four channels per block. I think the preset was a great example why we really need eight channels per block, because, if we had them, this preset would have fit into an FM3 without alteration. I hadn't previously run into a situation where I had to have more for my own presets, but that's probably because I'm used to only four and naturally build presets with that limitation in mind. Eight channels matches eight scenes and now seems a natural fit to me.

And now it'll bother me so thanks a lot. :)

I love the little amps. Now that Cygnus is here I've been having some fun reworking an earlier preset. Here it is. I hope you can have some fun with it. The video will tell the story. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8776

Was plunking along with the video until I hit the Supremo Trem. Paused the video and played that one for a bit, trotting out Ten Years Gone, and the 5E3 and some Hey Hey, My My.... Excellent sounds!

Holy Mackerel. This is one killer preset. Every scene sounds great but the one I can't stop using the most is the Swart Atomic Space Tone scene. Great job @Burgs !

Back
Top Bottom