Burg's Dumbles V2

A second attempt at these great amp models. I hope you can have some fun with the preset. The video will explain all.

Download link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8402

Hi, I really Love this preset. I have one question. When I go to "cleanliness" and play with humbucker in the neck I get a digital sizzle. Also, when I play single coil and turn on the phaser I get that too. Do you have that too? How can I fix it without losing the great sound?

Hi, I really Love this preset. I have one question. When I go to "cleanliness" and play with humbucker in the neck I get a digital sizzle. Also, when I play single coil and turn on the phaser I get that too. Do you have that too? How can I fix it without losing the great sound?
I wouldn't call it "digital sizzle", just highs that are higher frequency than a guitar cab will reproduce. I adjusted the High Treble control in the amp block so it still has some extended highs but wasn't so unnatural. There are lots of other EQ points you could use instead.

I wouldn't call it "digital sizzle", just highs that are higher frequency than a guitar cab will reproduce. I adjusted the High Treble control in the amp block so it still has some extended highs but wasn't so unnatural. There are lots of other EQ points you could use instead.

Hi, Thank you but it did not work. Even with hight treble at zero it was still there. Then also reduced compressor output to 0.0 db but that also didn't do it. Normal presence reduced also no effect. Any inspiration?

The demo of the tones in the mix was great!

Reminiscent of early Eagles to my ear.

I'll be giving this one a whirl later today. Thanks!

Hi, Thank you but it did not work. Even with hight treble at zero it was still there. Then also reduced compressor output to 0.0 db but that also didn't do it. Normal presence reduced also no effect. Any inspiration?
Cab block High Cut.

Brett does say for the specific Cleanliness scene that the cab block is disabled. This would account for the extra "sizzle" you hear (I don't think there is such thing as digital sizzle though - you are hearing what a real amp would sound like without a cab/speaker if it was plugged directly into your audio interface).

He mentions it around 6:17 in the video.

Last edited:
I already liked the first version, but this is certainly a big improvement. I spent quite some time with my Tele on it. Thanks.

Nice preset. I enjoyed the first version but I had tweaked it a bit. I haven’t felt the need to tweak on this one.
Good job!

Back
Top Bottom