Burg's Dumbles. Preset demo and free download.

This one video has singlehandedly made me decide to finally pull the trigger and make the big upgrade from the XL+ to the III. The tone and your playing are absolutely breathtaking and incredibly inspiring. This should be what all skeptics watch if they’re on the fence.

I gushed a bunch about these settings in the 6.02 thread. I'm back to say that I spent yesterday morning re-working my main gigging preset around the AMP1 - CAB1 block pair from this preset @Burgs. It works superbly well with both my humbucker and single coil guitars. Ridiculous tones. I only needed the AMP1 block to cover all my needs which left me with space for my usual array of mistake-hiding effects. :)

If anyone wants it, here's my effects junk around @Burgs' delicious ODS-100 and ODS Ford settings. All my guitars love these tones. So plug in whatever and go to town.

Attachments

• [iaresee] Humble.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 68
Out...of...the...friggin...park!! Wish I had your ears. (ok, your fingers, playing style, ... lol)

Thanks again mate!

Lee

Burgs, I tried this out with a Tele' that I built during the "Apocalypse". MIM Tobacco body, new Fender roasted maple neck, and SD AlNiCo 2 Tele' set.
The 2nd scene w/SD1 is just amazing. I jammed on some of the YT jamtrack channels and got lost for about an hour.
This preset, now has permanent residence in the AXE.
Thanks for sharing,
Marc

Burgs, I tried this out with a Tele' that I built during the "Apocalypse". MIM Tobacco body, new Fender roasted maple neck, and SD AlNiCo 2 Tele' set.
The 2nd scene w/SD1 is just amazing. I jammed on some of the YT jamtrack channels and got lost for about an hour.
This preset, now has permanent residence in the AXE.
Thanks for sharing,
Marc
How are you liking those pickups?

I like them a lot. I used the 4-way switch, which gives the B and N in series as well. I alsao built a Tele with the Dimarzio Twang King set, same switching. Both are using 3300pf caps so bottom of the pot is more woman tone-ish(if we can still say that!) The Lake Placid Blue one has the Dimarzios and a full on WD replacement rosewood neck.
Tele.jpg Tele Blue.jpg

Building these was my Covid isolation therapy.

Burg's, I've yet to use a preset you've created that I did not find useful and enjoyable. Thanks for supporting all of preset creating challenged people like me.

Out...of...the...friggin...park!! Wish I had your ears. (ok, your fingers, playing style, ... lol) ...Thanks again mate!
My pleasure. I'm glad you're having some fun with it. Did I manage to fix the issues you pointed out?
Burgs, ....
Thanks for sharing,
Marc
No worries. Rock on. I hope you have a great weekend.
...Burg's, I've yet to use a preset you've created that I did not find useful and enjoyable. Thanks for supporting all of preset creating challenged people like me.
Easy done. More to come. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to write over here in sunny Melbourne. Have a good one!

Brett - your Dumble preset is my main go-to preset, as I've said before. I've tweaked a couple of things here and there, but nothing that changes significantly from your preset or scenes. Not sure why the rotary was auto-engaged though....

Now this updated version is making its way onto my AxeFx3, but I'm going to install it alongside the original one, so that I don't lose my tweaks (I can't even remember what I've done to it - just little bits here and there in Axe Edit then saved), and also because the original one still sounds fantastic. They can cohabit for a few weeks.

Just out of interest, what has been changed in this updated version? Was something broken due to FW12.14? I certainly haven't noticed any problems, but I'm not a deep diver into the tweakery.

Thanks for doing this, old mate - you've done so many great preset packages (I have most of them), but this one is your piece de resistance... :)

Brett ...Just out of interest, what has been changed in this updated version? Was something broken due to FW12.14? I certainly haven't noticed any problems, but I'm not a deep diver into the tweakery...but this one is your piece de resistance... :)

Hey Pete. I changed some of the Speaker Impedance Curve settings and adjusted some Input Drive and Overdrive settings. I diffused and darkened the delay and reverb a little and that's about it, really. Little things to open it up a bit more. Cheers, mate!

Finally got a chance to try this one today. Great preset. That double tube comp scene... good stuff. Thanks for sharing awesome presets like this.

Burgs and iaresee - thanks for the ODS presets. Nice stuff. I noticed you have the Reverb Mix set to 100% but the Reverb Levels to a minus setting. Do you do that to affect/enhance the Reverb or is it to allow a higher level on the Amp Block. Or....? Just curious why you tweak the Reverb settings like that? Thanks

Burgs and iaresee - thanks for the ODS presets. Nice stuff. I noticed you have the Reverb Mix set to 100% but the Reverb Levels to a minus setting. Do you do that to affect/enhance the Reverb or is it to allow a higher level on the Amp Block. Or....? Just curious why you tweak the Reverb settings like that? Thanks
I run my reverb in parallel so a 100% wet mix is necessary otherewise the reverb block would pass dry signal that would add to the dry signal on the parallel line present in the preset. When the mix is set to 100% wet, and the block is in parallel, the level is only controlling the reverberated signal so a negative level value here just makes the reverberated signal quieter relative to the dry signal line.

It doesn't enhance the sound in any way. You could achieve the same results running the reverb in series. I just find controlling the wet/dry mix easier, in my workflows, when the block is in parallel to my dry signal. It also allows me to do things like run a bunch of things in parallel so that delay, for example, doesn't run through the reverb block if they're both on at the same time.

Nice one. This is what the preset exchange should be about, not trying to sell shitty presets to people.

Back
Top Bottom