Bulk Rename Scripts for OwnHammer IRs! (Cab-Lab/OwnHammer .wav Conversion Content)

It may have something to due with the program being from an unrecognized developer.

But, it worked. Now to convert!

Is there a way to do something like this on Win7? I'm not looking forward to manually editing each IR one at a time :( gonna take for ever...

Is there a way to do something like this on Win7? I'm not looking forward to manually editing each IR one at a time :( gonna take for ever...

I'm sure there must be a simple (no coding required) automation utility available to do the same thing on on Windows. I don't have access to a Windows machine, so I can't try and make one myself...

Edit: A quick google search revealed this freeware program for Windows and GNU/Linux:

en:start [Actionaz Wiki]

Maybe check it out and see if you can make something yourself. (I'm not a programmer at all, so if I can work out how to do this, I'm sure you can too!) All the actions that the OSX script performs are listed in my original post, so I imagine you would just enter similar COPY and RENAME type actions. Make sure that copying the original folder is the first action, and pay attention to case and spaces when you are renaming.

If someone comes up with a Windows script that works, I'll add it to the original post!

FWIW, I have tested the original script on OSX 10.8.4, 10.9.0 and 10.9.2 with no issues.

Never mind Master npx, but thanks anyway ;-) To all the interested Windows-users: Here's the (2 Minutes) way how I did the renaming of the OwnHammer wav-files:

1. copy (duplicate) the OwnHammer wav-folder "48000-Hz_Mono" and rename it to "48000-Hz_Mono-renamed"
2. Download the free tool "Ant Renamer" (portable) antp.be > Software > Ant Renamer
3. extract and execute the tool
4. click on "Files"
5. drag and drop the OwnHammer wav-folder "48000-Hz_Mono-renamed"
6. check the Box "Add selected folders" in additon to the others - cklick "OK"
7. got to "actions"
8. select on the left side "multiple string replacement"
9. on "Search for" type in:

OwnHammer_
Live-Modern
Live-Vintage
Studio-Modern
Studio-Vintage
Median

10. on "Replace by" type in the correct line:

OH
LIVE-MDRN
LIVE-VNTG
STUD-MDRN
STUD-VNTG
MEDIAN

11. (additional) save written Name-Set
12. hit "go"

Last edited:
Thanks Liquid22! super useful tool. Got so many IR's that are in desperate need of renaming and this makes it all so effortless & snappy!
Cheers!

I have followed the directions for WIN 7 users exactly and it does not work for me. I even tried to rename them to something not even remotely close to the original file names and still does not work (w axe edit and fractal bot). No matter what I rename it to, when I load it into the axe fx, it automatically gets renamed back to the original file name (with the mic's cut off). I have no idea how! I have renamed the files in my ownhammer folder to much shorter names. I have shortened file names before and after conversion with cab lab and they still somehow get automatically renamed back to the super-long file. Any one else have a better fix or had this issue? Thanks!-Dave

^^^^^^ Great! Glad that you brought up the idea to automatize the renaming anyway, npx.

Thanks Guys, worked as described. Vista Business OS. Finally getting a little organized. Overdosed on IR's. I believe there is a help group for this affliction in another thread... IRA :shock

I have followed the directions for WIN 7 users exactly and it does not work for me. I even tried to rename them to something not even remotely close to the original file names and still does not work (w axe edit and fractal bot). No matter what I rename it to, when I load it into the axe fx, it automatically gets renamed back to the original file name (with the mic's cut off). I have no idea how! I have renamed the files in my ownhammer folder to much shorter names. I have shortened file names before and after conversion with cab lab and they still somehow get automatically renamed back to the super-long file. Any one else have a better fix or had this issue? Thanks!-Dave

You need to rename the WAV file before you convert to SYX format, I think the name is embedded in the file otherwise. Renaming the WAV file then embeds the shortened filename at SYX creation in to the SYX file.

The beauty of the FA Producer Packs is the simplicity of using them (not to mention the great price).

Back
Top Bottom