Bulb - Got my Axefx Ultra! Short Clip with it!

bulb

Hey guys, im new here and i what better way to say hi than with a clip made with my new found love haha.

So i got my axefx ultra, and i have to say its absolutely brilliant (as you all know), i have barely scratched the surface of what this thing can do. Its the perfect thing for a tweaker like me. But even without tweaking it sounds awesome, because i plugged right in, dialed in a tone in about 5 minutes, and used it to record a clip with no post processing or post eq on the guitars! It just sat perfectly in the mix as it was!
I cant wait to actually sit down and work on the tones!

Anyways, here is the clip:
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6995021

enjoy!

may I be the first to say congrats dude ;) You beat me on this one, still waiting for mine :(
It's funny how we meet on many forums ; are you still coming to Mauritius in December ?

Didn't listen to your sample yet, at the office I can't, but I'm sure you'll be a brilliant advocate of teh Axe :cool:

hey Thibault good to see you here as well!
yeah im going to be in Mauritius in mid december! and if i can fit it in my carry on, ill be bringing my axefx (the xray machine shouldnt fuck it up right?)
Clawfinger said:
MISHA! FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Feels so great that my whining gave some result! Hahaha! YES!!!

Jocke, i have wanted this damn thing since your first "djenty" clip you posted, so im glad i finally have it!!

bulb said:
hey Thibault good to see you here as well!
yeah im going to be in Mauritius in mid december! and if i can fit it in my carry on, ill be bringing my axefx (the xray machine shouldnt fuck it up right?)
Clawfinger said:
MISHA! FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Feels so great that my whining gave some result! Hahaha! YES!!!

Jocke, i have wanted this damn thing since your first "djenty" clip you posted, so im glad i finally have it!!

Nice to hear that. Now go get the Line6-MT84-v6 IR from my signature and let it rip! You've got some catching up to do. ;)

Damn, I'm looking forward to hear new djentiness from you. Welcome aboard, man!

It's a small world, eh ? :mrgreen: Cool, hope to have you as guest on one of our gigs this time… btw get ready for an interview in my newspaper, ah ah

Can't wait to listen to your clip !

EDIT : can someone translate "djentiness" or "djent" for me ? I'm French, sorry :oops:

fremen said:
It's a small world, eh ? :mrgreen: Cool, hope to have you as guest on one of our gigs this time… btw get ready for an interview in my newspaper, ah ah

Can't wait to listen to your clip !

EDIT : can someone translate "djentiness" or "djent" for me ? I'm French, sorry :oops:

It's a word describing a sound, by sounding like it (onomatpoetic). Djent is when a palm mute doesn't just dampen the notes, but get some sort of overtones into it. Like this riff for instance.

More "djent" than "chug", if you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks ! I suspected it signified something like “ballsy”, but Google language tools or Wiktionary couldn’t confirm :lol:

Hey bulb, I almost feel like I'm following you around the internet this morning. I'm Christopher over at SS.org and Metalguitarist. Welcome to the forum. I can't wait to see the things you can do with an Ultra. I've always been impressed what you could get out of a pod.

What's up Misha! Didn't you just say a couple of days ago that you "still saving up" for yours? That's awesome that you finally gone one! Welcome!

P.S. Now send Cliff your Engl Invader so he can model it! ;)

mortega76 said:

+1billion

Misha, your Youtube clips got me addicted to the Invader 100 amp tone. Especially "Icarus Lives," F'n Brutal. I actually went in search of one to try one out, and when I found one DUDE!!! That is one awesome sounding amp to play. It was as if I found my soul mate. If that amp model was readily available in the Axe-FX I'd never even LOOK at another tube amp, much less buy one.

Guitar-Tiz said:
mortega76 said:

+1billion

Misha, your Youtube clips got me addicted to the Invader 100 amp tone. Especially "Icarus Lives," F'n Brutal. I actually went in search of one to try one out, and when I found one DUDE!!! That is one awesome sounding amp to play. It was as if I found my soul mate. If that amp model was readily available in the Axe-FX I'd never even LOOK at another tube amp, much less buy one.

that makes me wonder actually, where does cliff live haha! i would LOVE to have a model of the invader on ch3 in bright and high gain mode!

bulb said:
Guitar-Tiz said:
mortega76 said:

+1billion

that makes me wonder actually, where does cliff live haha! i would LOVE to have a model of the invader on ch3 in bright and high gain mode!

New Hamsphire :D

nice clip.

Welcome! I'm looking forward to more stuff like that... :twisted:

Greetings from New Hampshire, birthplace of Ronnie James Dio and the AxeFX.

I actually live in NH as of two days ago. I was living in MA. We moved to escape the income tax and the neighbor's five (yes, five!) dogs. Do you have any idea how five dogs barking can shred your nerves?

May I suggest you to add a new effect to the Axe : an ultrasound generator. Payback time ! :twisted: Dogs will love that :lol:

Back
Top Bottom