Built-in tuner vs rack tuner

SimonDreyer

Inspired
Hi Folks

Can someone tell me if the on-board tuner is user friendly and accurate enough for general gigging or should I make provision in the rack for a Peterson or similar?

Cheers S ( o )===:::

I totally rely on the built-in tuner. IMHO no need to buy an external one (cost, weight, space)

No need a extern tuner. Good MFCs like Fractal MFC 101, Gordius LG and any others supports the Axe-Fx tuner and it's easy to tune the guitar on a dark stage.

i think its fine... i just got the liquidfoot jr, and it's killer. i have a stroborack in the rack too and am debating booting it to the work bench for setups and to reduce weight.. it does look cool though ;)

I think the axe tuner is good. And the feature where it connects to MFC and shows up there is awesome. Don't know of rack ones that can do that. Then you'd have to turn around to tune. That's a pain.

I find tuning vie MFC a problem. I sold my Ultra and waiting for II now, but when i had Ultra and tuned looking at MFC it was way slower then Ultra's screen. So i gave up on MFC tuner and just used Ultra's screen. Nobody had the same issue?

I find tuning vie MFC a problem. I sold my Ultra and waiting for II now, but when i had Ultra and tuned looking at MFC it was way slower then Ultra's screen. So i gave up on MFC tuner and just used Ultra's screen. Nobody had the same issue?
Not seen it.. MFC is no slower for me than Axe. the display format differs, and takes a little getting used to, but no issues with accuracy or speed - with Ultra or Axe2 connected.

There is a video on youtube of a member of SS.org who has both the AxeFX and a Peterson rack strobe and they both read almost identical so I wouldn't bother personally

I use a korg rack tuner i find it easy to see in the rack than the screen on the ultra.

The screen on the ultra is ok and good to use when your right in front of it. But I find the screen on the MFC not accurate, clear and responsive enough.

Not seen it.. MFC is no slower for me than Axe. the display format differs, and takes a little getting used to, but no issues with accuracy or speed - with Ultra or Axe2 connected.

I hope you're right. I would really love if it would work nicely when i'll have my II. Maybe a bad midi cable was causing this.

I would never get rid of my korg, you can see it from the moon and it has a light on the bottom which will shine on my axe fx II when required (at the mo its just an empty rack space :( and now we wait........)

fyi- if any of you have the Liquid Foot jr and the axe fx II, the tuner mode isn't working. hopefully we'll get a fix asap!

I can see how you might want a bigger display if your footcontroller doesn't display the tuner but my LF Jr and MFC are both easy to read since they're only about six feet away when I activate the tuner.

I was also thinking of getting a peterson strobe rack its pretty awsome tuner the axe is great too. I really like the new snark ones got them for x-mas last year n kinda sluffed them off cause they are clip on but man are they accurate

I use the KORG DTR2000 tuner with my current system and just love it. The big light is easy to see almost anywhere I stand on stage and in any type of light from pitch black to direct sunlight. I don't own a AxeFX but my Gmajor systems, BOSS GT systems all had built-in tuners but the tiny screens made it difficult to see. While each system was very accurate, the KORG is more functional to me.

joe...

Back
Top Bottom