Building a custom rack panel interface, question(power amp question)

wake911

Experienced
OK, so i have an Art SLA-2 that i just started using as bridged mono. I like the option of having stereo available too though, for fun at home sometimes, and jamming. I dislike the banana plugs thoroughly, and want to get rid of them by hard wiring in connections to a rack interface on the rear of my rack.

Could I wire up my rack panel like this?

IMAG0362-1.jpg

Basically running 2 sets of wires from the red's and one set from the blacks, and always having all three possibilities hooked up(internally). Then all i would have to do is plug in speaker(s) as required, insure the Bridge/stereo switch is in the correct position on SLA-2, and good to go.

EDIT: i am very cautious about my set-up/tear-down procedures so there is no chance i would hook up incorrectly(well 99.99%, shit can always happen)

OK, so i have an Art SLA-2 that i just started using as bridged mono. I like the option of having stereo available too though, for fun at home sometimes, and jamming. I dislike the banana plugs thoroughly, and want to get rid of them by hard wiring in connections to a rack interface on the rear of my rack.

Could I wire up my rack panel like this?

IMAG0362-1.jpg

Basically running 2 sets of wires from the red's and one set from the blacks, and always having all three possibilities hooked up(internally). Then all i would have to do is plug in speaker(s) as required, insure the Bridge/stereo switch is in the correct position on SLA-2, and good to go.

EDIT: i am very cautious about my set-up/tear-down procedures so there is no chance i would hook up incorrectly(well 99.99%, shit can always happen)

Yes that will work, I have thought about doing this for quite a wile but haven't got around to actually doing it.

You could use 1/4" jacks for the stereo L/R and speakon for the bridged to prevent accidental miss hookups.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom