Build your own external switch box....How?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I want 4 buttons within one box. I'd like to use quality Carling switches. I'd need 4 Carling switches, 2 TRS input jacks and housing. Diagram for this anyone?

What type of switch? Momentary or latching? Also if I get the Carling version buttons, what type? I see all these DPST and SPST with on/on and the such. Just need direction. Thanks

Last edited:
Would these items do? The female jacks are pack of 4(only need 2 I know). Let me know. Thanks!

$11.99

$13.65

$9.89

Subtotal (6 items): $76.48

Would these items do? The female jacks are pack of 4(only need 2 I know). Let me know. Thanks!

$11.99

$13.65

$9.89

Or is there a better place to get these items at a discount?

Here's a part list:
For both switches, connect one terminal to sleeve on the 1/4" jack. And then for one switch connect the other terminal to ring and the other switch connect the other terminal to tip.

If you opt for NO (normally open) switches instead of NC (normally closed) you'll need to reverse the polarity for them in the FC configuration section on the Axe-Fx III.

Here's a part list:
For both switches, connect one terminal to sleeve on the 1/4" jack. And then for one switch connect the other terminal to ring and the other switch connect the other terminal to tip.

If you opt for NO (normally open) switches instead of NC (normally closed) you'll need to reverse the polarity for them in the FC configuration section on the Axe-Fx III.
Thanks. Ordered parts and will document build. If turns out great I may offer to build for others. I'm a guitar tech on the side and wire guitars all the time, just never bought parts for DIY pedals.

Here's a part list:

What type/guage wire would be appropriate for this?

$11.99

$13.65

$9.89

Or you could just get this: http://www.brightonion.co.uk/quad-momentary-footswitch/

Completed. I have not painted nor tested yet, and will do so soon. I'll keep you all posted and then offer to build if you all like and want to purchase.

Attachments

• Optimized-IMG_5191.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_5191.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Optimized-IMG_5192.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_5192.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 163
  • Optimized-IMG_5193.jpg
    Optimized-IMG_5193.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 149
I think I am going to give this a go myself. Usually I would just buy a switch and plug it in. The problem I have found with this is that none of the boxes are in the config I want. I want a slim, 2 button box with the jack on the short side, everything I see they are on the long side. Seems simple enough to put together.

I think I am going to give this a go myself. Usually I would just buy a switch and plug it in. The problem I have found with this is that none of the boxes are in the config I want. I want a slim, 2 button box with the jack on the short side, everything I see they are on the long side. Seems simple enough to put together.
I think the challenge there would be jack and switch placement... Because putting the jack on the short end will force you to move on switch away from the end, since both cannot occupy the same internal space.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom