• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Bugs in FM3-Edit 1.05.05

jordikt

Experienced
EDIT: These bugs are fixed

1) The new option "START UP VIEW" is missing in FM3-Edit:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-11 a les 7.42.37.png

2) The new mini-display label "Current Channel" is missing in the drop-down menu of the editor:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-11 a les 7.52.06.png

3) If "Current Channel" is the option selected in the FM3 unit for "Chan Inc/Dec", I can change the mini-display label to "Action" or "Destination Channel" via FM3-Edit, but if I choose "Custom" in FM3-Edit, nothing happens in the display of the FM3 unit.
If I want to see "Custom" in the display, I have to change it via the FM3 unit, it's impossible to do it with FM3-Edit.

After installing firmware 5.00, all the footswitches that I had configured as "Custom" in "Effect>Channel Inc/Dec" are shown as "Custom" in FM3-Edit, but if I go to the FM3 unit, all these footswitches have been changed to "Current Channel" (The displays show "Current channel", not "Custom")

Finally, if I choose "Custom" in the FM3 unit, then FM3-Edit shows the Mini-display label as empty:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-11 a les 8.33.36.png

4) Setup>Audio-Output 2:
-When selecting "Line Level" the following cell shows "Boost/Pad" instead of "Output Level"
-When selecting "Unity Gain" the following cell shows "Output Level" instead of "Boost/Pad"

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-11 a les 8.50.05.png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-11 a les 8.50.15.png

Last edited:

jordikt

Experienced
EDIT: These bugs are fixed

5) The field "2nd Press-Previous Preset" inside "Preset>Select by #" should show "ON/OFF" options, but it shows "001". If you click it, it opens the preset picker.

Preset.png

6) The field "2nd Press-Previous Channel" is missing in the "Effect>Channel Select" function

FX.png

I opened a new thread related with the 2nd press in Effect>Channel Select function:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/2nd-press-previous-channel-smart-bypass.181304/

Last edited:

caustix

Strange problem with the UI, it becomes unresponsive after a little bit of time of non-usage. It happens all the time, anyone else with this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-12 102009.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 102009.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 10

bg1974

caustix,

Several other users, myself included, are experiencing this same bug. It seems most prevalent among users running on Windows 11, although other OS's may be affected. My previous computer running Windows 7 didn't have any issues with older versions of FM3-Edit.

I first noticed this bug in FM3-Edit version 1.05.03 although that might have just coincided with the upgrade to my new computer and Windows 11. As of now, I haven't heard any word from the developers about a possible fix in the near future.

Here's my current workaround from a previous thread (I'm assuming this is the same problem you're experiencing -- UI unresponsive after opening other fullscreen application windows):

"Was just going to post this! I've got the same bug on Windows 11 as well, and it's interesting to note that only full screen windows appear to cause this problem. Any windows that are resized smaller do not appear to lock up FM3-Edit. That's my current workaround."

Ben

caustix

caustix,

Several other users, myself included, are experiencing this same bug. It seems most prevalent among users running on Windows 11, although other OS's may be affected. My previous computer running Windows 7 didn't have any issues with older versions of FM3-Edit.

I first noticed this bug in FM3-Edit version 1.05.03 although that might have just coincided with the upgrade to my new computer and Windows 11. As of now, I haven't heard any word from the developers about a possible fix in the near future.

Here's my current workaround from a previous thread (I'm assuming this is the same problem you're experiencing -- UI unresponsive after opening other fullscreen application windows):

"Was just going to post this! I've got the same bug on Windows 11 as well, and it's interesting to note that only full screen windows appear to cause this problem. Any windows that are resized smaller do not appear to lock up FM3-Edit. That's my current workaround."

Ben
both full screen and normal or resized locks on me

jordikt

Experienced
I have installed firmware 4.01 again in my FM3, keeping FM3-Edit version 1.05.05

The bug number 5 that I posted previously using firmware 5.00, appears also using firmware 4.01 (but the option of "2nd Press-Previous Preset" was not available in firmware 4.01)

This is the screenshot:

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-13 a les 20.34.30.png

jordikt

Experienced
Edit: This bug is fixed
7) Controllers>Envelope/Manual: The title of the section "-----MANUAL-----" is moved.

Bug Env-Manual.png

Last edited:

OMvolt

im now getting crashes in fm-3 edit since updating to firmware 5.0 and the new fm 3 edit. Not crashes per se but the knobs and functions stop working practically upon opening the software making it unuseable. I close the program and open it again for it to be operational for only a few seconds.

help?

Ingo

Inspired
im now getting crashes in fm-3 edit since updating to firmware 5.0 and the new fm 3 edit. Not crashes per se but the knobs and functions stop working practically upon opening the software making it unuseable. I close the program and open it again for it to be operational for only a few seconds.
I have the exact same problem: there is no crash, just the editor no longer communicating anything to the FM3 (and vice versa: if I change presets on the unit itself, the editor no longer notices).

Typically, FM3-Edit works longer than just a few seconds --- anything between a few minutes to an hour.

I am using Windows 10 (in a VM, no problems before the latest round of updates, and no other issues), and NOT a full-screen window.

In an earlier thread I speculated that my issues occurred after using a corrupt channel or block from my library, but it turns out there is no such pattern that I could reproduce so far.

skyhawk

I have a MacBook with M1, OS Big Sur. After update Fm3-Edit 1.05.06, the program very often stops working, no reaction when interacting with the user, the feeling that the fm3 connection is interrupted. In this case, the audio signal is quietly transmitted. Sometimes it is solved by restarting the application, sometimes you still have to reconnect the usb. An error can occur, a minute after the program is turned on, sometimes it can work for 10 minutes, I can’t figure out the pattern and connect it with user actions, it’s always random. I almost can't use it. I hope to have the problem resolved soon.

Intoodeep1113

Inspired
I'm seeing the same lack of communication sometimes, and missing values above control knobs. Also in general the preset leveling function seems a lot more choppy/laggy than before as far as showing levels. Windows 11 here.

Top Bottom