Bug with new firmware 3.03 and Mission SP-2

lp59

Experienced
Bug with Mission SP-2

I use my Mission SP-2 (2 switchable outputs for controlling two different parameters) for Wah (red led lit on SP-2) with auto engage at toe down (off value 95) and after switching the SP-2 for controlling Rotary speed (blue led lit on SP-2).

With firmware 3.02 I could use the wah (red led) and when switching the SP-2 for Rotary speed (blue led) the wah would automatically switch off because I put my toe down for switching. This was as I expected it to work.
Now with 3.03, on all my presets, when I put toe down to go from wah to rotary (red to blue led), the wah engages itself and sounds like if I had my foot in a fix position in the middle of the travel distance of the pedal. I can vary the speed of the rotary, but I have this annoying fix wah sound in the signal path.

I tried different things like recalibrating the pedals, turning units on and off, changing cables and parameters in the modifier window. Nothing to get rid of this wah. Sure, when I go back to wah (red led), then if I put my toe down the wah will bypass. But as soon as I will want to use the rotary controller this mid wah setting will be here again...

If I look at the modifier window of the wah I can see the bullet travel from 0 to 100% as I move the pedal, and when I switch the pedal for rotary the bullet suddenly goes from 100% (toe down) to 50%... Explain why I have this fix wah sound...

Does anybody had a similar problem with another firmware than 3.03, or do you think it's related to the new firmware? Maybe is my SP-2 (1 week old!) dead??? Would be funny to die just in the new firmware transfer!
:roll

Last edited:
That might be a pedal issue. If it was an Axe bug it should be possible to recreate with 2 separate pedals, which you might want to try if you have another.

I found the guilty...
After changing one more time cables from the SP-2 to MFC, I found that it was one of the cables...
It seems that this connection is very sensitive. When measuring this cable everything looks fine on my multimeter but still not functioning for this purpose.

It's not my SP-2 that died between the firmware transfer but a cable!
Sorry for pointing the great new firmware as a possible source of my trouble... But it just happend meanwhile...
:?

Back
Top Bottom